• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root LG Home App successfully installed AND themed black and blue.

OK. I made a new LG_home app and its colored too! To install,copy to the root of your sd card, reboot into recovery, Go into the mounts in the recovery and mount /system and /sdcard. Then in command prompt do adb shell (instant #) and type mv /sdcard/LG_Home.apk /system/app/ it should be successful. here is the file
EDIT: you can also use cat /sdcard/LG_Home.apk > /system/app/LG_Home.apk WITHOUT BEING IN RECOVERY.

screenshot.png

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B2kZa_dxydalZGI4Y2EzNGQtNjZmNi00M2M4LThkNWMtMGI4YTMyMjkwNjcy&hl=en

can you make another one that when you open the launcher to see your apps that its black too it would look way better

Upvote 0
I have successfully gotten LG_Home.apk into the /system/app folder; however, I do no see how I can change the launcher/theme. LG theme does not show up in my launcher menu nor in the manage apps menu. How do I switch over to the new theme?

Go to Settings > Applications > Manage Appliaction>. Once there hit the menu button and select the "Filter" option and choose "All". Now find the launcher you are currently using and select it. There will be an option to clear it from being default. Once done select home and you should have the choice of which launcher to use.

Reactions: meanmon13
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones