1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

LG K31: 2 Questions About Ringing/Answering [SOLVED]

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gremlinkurst, Mar 19, 2021.

1. gremlinkurst

gremlinkurst Newbie

The 154-page manual provides no clues at all. I could use some help (the official product's forum is managed by a "rocket surgeon" that doesn't know how to use email verification for account creation).

1. Is there a way to change the default manner in which an incoming call may be answered from a locked screen? I have no accursed idea what "expand to circle" frikkin' means, and I claw and scrabble frantically at the screen hoping SOMETHING works before the caller gives up and terminates the call.

2. Why can't I unlock the screen with a PIN while the phone is ringing? It would be faster than that stupid "expand to circle" circus act. (unanswered, but have solved this by other means, like a two-fer)

#1 gremlinkurst, Mar 19, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2021

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

so what at @Dannydet linked you to will work on your LG phone. expand circle means that you press the circle and drag it outward in any direction to expand the circle and you will then answer the call.

no idea if there is a way to change the setting for that. there are plenty of lockscreen apps that you can get that might change how you answer the phone.

and 2. i disagree, expanding the circle is pretty quick, once you undertstand how it works.

Dannydet likes this.
  3. gremlinkurst

gremlinkurst Newbie

Danny: My phone, as explicitly stated in the thread title, is an
    LG K31
    ...not a Samsung-whatever.

4. gremlinkurst

gremlinkurst Newbie

ocnbrze: I vehemently disagree. I have since found out about it, and that method of answering is hit-or-miss at best. Ironically, it seems to work better when you go slowly, but when it's already rang four times, time is a luxury I sometimes don't have.

5. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

maybe its your phone or you, but on my note 10+, i have 0 issues answering the phone by expanding the circle.......like i said you can try a different lockscreen appp that might utilize a different way to answer the phone.

Dannydet likes this.
  6. gremlinkurst

gremlinkurst Newbie

I really appreciate everyone's help. It had been ten years since I'd used a cell phone regularly. Now I have finally figured out how to make answering the phone a lot easier. The "expand to circle" mess simply wasn't working; I'd push and push and push and push, and then the damned thing would stop ringing without out my having answered the accursed call. Here was the magic thing that worked: Press and hold to answer. THAT my thick sausage fingers can handle!