• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG Keyboard

V

Valiceemo

Just wondering if this has to be used?
I can't get in with it as I find the space bar too small.
Is there anyway to use a different board?
You'll have to excuse my total newbie-ness, I'm new to android having been using iPhones for the last 4 years!

Initially I liked the stock keyboard... I thought no need to Swype or Swift Key which I've enjoyed on other phones and my HP Touchpad running CM. I think I'm about to download and install those. The LG word correction and some other behaviors are beginning to bug me.

Upvote 0
i use swiftkey and have in past when i had my nexus 4.
you can try the beta which i like because it has the number row at top.

Just wondering if this has to be used?
I can't get in with it as I find the space bar too small.
Is there anyway to use a different board?
You'll have to excuse my total newbie-ness, I'm new to android having been using iPhones for the last 4 years!

Upvote 0
I was a BIG swiftkey fan. I am coming from the SGS4, The Samsung keyboard was fine. Got totally used to having the numbers on the top row - without having to hit the Number key first.

Pretty much HATE the LG Keyboard - then I tried Swiftkey again - and (Unless I'm missing it - which is entirely possibly) does not have the row of numbers on top.

I no have A.I., Google, Kii, and Swiftkey. I like A.I., but can't figure out how to swipe.

I just checked the Swype site - looks like it doesn't have the row of numbers either.

Any advice? TIA!!

Upvote 0
Been using the Swiftkey Beta and has number row on top which i liked on LG. Recommend Swiftkey to anyone.

New update for SwiftKey beta with emoji and number row!

I was a BIG swiftkey fan. I am coming from the SGS4, The Samsung keyboard was fine. Got totally used to having the numbers on the top row - without having to hit the Number key first.

Pretty much HATE the LG Keyboard - then I tried Swiftkey again - and (Unless I'm missing it - which is entirely possibly) does not have the row of numbers on top.

I no have A.I., Google, Kii, and Swiftkey. I like A.I., but can't figure out how to swipe.

I just checked the Swype site - looks like it doesn't have the row of numbers either.

Any advice? TIA!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones