1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

LG Keyboard

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Valiceemo, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Valiceemo

Valiceemo Guest

Just wondering if this has to be used?
    I can't get in with it as I find the space bar too small.
    Is there anyway to use a different board?
    You'll have to excuse my total newbie-ness, I'm new to android having been using iPhones for the last 4 years!

Advertisement

2. Largepkg

Largepkg Member

Yes, you can download any number of keyboards from the play store. Personally I use Swype.

3. Lightninrod

Lightninrod Well-Known Member

I've tried several and I find the A.I.type keyboard the best. It's larger and very intuitive. It's free for a short period of time and then you have to decide if it's worth $3.99. I think it is.

4. KitsapAndroid

KitsapAndroid Android Enthusiast

breadnatty08 and stef7 like this.
  5. durandetto

durandetto Android Enthusiast

I also highly recommend swiftkey.

6. emilioaponte

emilioaponte Member

Try out the free versions of Swiftkey, Kii, Thumb keyboards. And then decide for your favorite. I got the paid versions of these three and they are good.

7. stef7

stef7 Android Expert

Initially I liked the stock keyboard... I thought no need to Swype or Swift Key which I've enjoyed on other phones and my HP Touchpad running CM. I think I'm about to download and install those. The LG word correction and some other behaviors are beginning to bug me.

8. stef7

stef7 Android Expert

Ooooo. Liking the SwiftKey keyboard a lot. Seems much more powerful than before.

update: 12/3... Oh, I find that SwiftKey has some not so beautiful behaviors too. Maybe I'll try Swype on the device next.

9. SteveO_148

SteveO_148 Newbie

I was and am still a VIP user of swiftkey...I still love it but I have started using the Google keyboard available in the market place and I like it the best.

10. donm527

donm527 Newbie

i use swiftkey and have in past when i had my nexus 4.
    you can try the beta which i like because it has the number row at top.

11. lpd50

lpd50 Newbie

I too went thru the trying different keyboards, but keep returning to Swiftkey...give it a shot.

12. DILands

DILands Android Expert

I was a BIG swiftkey fan. I am coming from the SGS4, The Samsung keyboard was fine. Got totally used to having the numbers on the top row - without having to hit the Number key first.

Pretty much HATE the LG Keyboard - then I tried Swiftkey again - and (Unless I'm missing it - which is entirely possibly) does not have the row of numbers on top.

I no have A.I., Google, Kii, and Swiftkey. I like A.I., but can't figure out how to swipe.

I just checked the Swype site - looks like it doesn't have the row of numbers either.

Any advice? TIA!!

13. donm527

donm527 Newbie

Been using the Swiftkey Beta and has number row on top which i liked on LG. Recommend Swiftkey to anyone.

New update for SwiftKey beta with emoji and number row!

Mikestony and DILands like this.
  14. DILands

DILands Android Expert

Actually - after downloading that - the regular version works also - user error - I didn't realize that I needed to long-press to get the numbers.

Thanks much!

15. Valiceemo

Valiceemo Guest

Thanks. I've tried a couple But they seemed a bit slow and sluggish compared to the stock LG board.
    I'll give the swift key beta a try.

16. dpsavino

dpsavino Lurker

Ive tried them all and always come back to SwiftKey. The predictive text so good its scary

17. Stannis the Mannis

Stannis the Mannis Rapscallion

Haha yep, SwiftKey is the best bar none (imho).

18. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Android Expert

I've used Swype since I got my Eris but I'll have to look at SwiftKey now.

19. Valiceemo

Valiceemo Guest

I'm using Google the swift key beta which is good!

Another question.
    Whenever I put a smiley into a text. I mean an emoticon it converts the sms to a MMS which isn't ideal. Is there a way to stop this. Such as on the iPhone e it sends them as sms

LG G2 Forum

The LG G2 release date was September 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.2" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 800 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

September 2013
Release Date
Reviews
Tags: