• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG Keyboard

Tetelasti

Apr 21, 2014
I am very impressed with this keyboard. I never thought I would say that a "keyboard" is impressive, I mean, a keyboard is a keyboard right? WRONG! With the LG G3 you have the ability to customize the keyboard!

So even before customizing anything i think the LG Keyboard is one of my favorites. Its very accurate, good interface, and just feels good to type on. When you add in the customizing, the keyboard just gets better.
Customize the Size:

By using these options you can make your keyboard as large or as small as the below:

So depending on your hand size and your comfort, there is a Keyboard size for you!

The other great thing that I love is the auto correct options. You can make it as mild or aggressive as you want. See below!

There is so much more to the keyboard than this, these are just my favorite features. This keyboard even learns from you! As you type more, the margins will get bigger so that you do not accidentally press "S" instead of "A". This is simply the best phone to text or type with!

Remember to follow for more great reviews on the LG G3 and many more devices!

Yes its really good. I have not installed swiftkey back, but I miss the prediction engine.

I have installed SwiftKey but continue to use the LG keyboard. I prefer the LG keyboard but also miss the prediction. There were entire paragraphs that I typed only a handfull of words using SwiftKey because of its awesome predictive abilities.

Upvote 0
I used the G3 keyboard the first two weeks I had the phone. It provides "swipe" functionality. I think its a good solid keyboard.

That said, yeah, I just put Swype on to test and compare. For "swyping" you still can't beat Swype. I plan on buying the full version.

One of the things Swype shines at is "error correction" I'm not a very accurate at swyping or spelling and yet Swype is manages to figure out what word I meant. It's seriously scary good at it.

Upvote 0
I've been using Swype for a while. Went back to Swiftkey the other day, but it wasn't as good at picking up what I was swiping.

I quickly tried the LG Stock keyboard, but I don't like that it doesn't have a long press back to erase the whole last work. Looks like you just have to hit back multiple times. Will be hard for me to get used to.

Upvote 0
I used the LG keyboard for the first two weeks, but broke down and just had to have certain features from Swype back. I've used Swype since my DX, and it was beta and free until I got my G3. I really got used to the way I can make Swype insert apostrophes, toggle back and forth between cap lock, and the way several of the symbols are laid out. I broke down and bought the current version of Swype and am a happy camper once again.

I had too many messed up words come on the screen with the LG keyboard, then the editing process (of the messed up words) was more cumbersome and slower to me. I'm back to my speedy self again with Swype.

Upvote 0
I *like* the LG keyboard but in no way do I think it is "great" "amazing" or anything else. Yes, it has swype features, but in my experience the prediction is horrible, it only gives 3 predictions (haven't found a way to get more like with swype), fixing a word is slow. I am still using it but am looking for a replacement. Found pre-installed swype on my GS3 much better.

Upvote 0
The stock LG keyboard has a lot going for it. I really like being able to drag the keyboard to the left or right for one-hand typing.

However, I got a lot of lag using stock. Also, word correction is harder, word prediction was crazy at times. It often tried to say I was wanting to spell numbers like 56th. I had to go back to Google's keyboard. It's all around the best functionality for me.

Did anyone else experience lag with the LG keyboard?

Upvote 0
I experienced severe lag with the LG keyboard. Installed Swiftkey, and now all is good, no lag whatsoever.

That's funny...for me it was the exact opposite.

One thing I do notice is that if anyone uses the app "Fuelly" to track your gas fill ups / mpg...the LG keyboard goes into a number mode where the numbers take center stage to make it easier to input data. This is based on how the apps are coded I think. With the LG one, there is no way to insert a period. That sucks cause I have to switch to swiftkey every time I fill up. Only problem I've had so far...

Upvote 0
I've used SWYPE since it was first released years ago, it's been excellent. That said I always embrace new things. The G3 keyboard is also very good.

I stick with SWYPE , primarily because it syncs across my other Android phones, so when I add special words unique to my work, I only add them once and when I use another phone the word is there saving me extra time.

Upvote 0
I read somewhere that the LG keyboard lags when you have more than one language set up for prediction and auto-correction, so that might have been why mine lagged. With Swiftkey I have two languages going on at the same time and it works pretty well. Swype can also handle it just fine.
A practice that I've implemented in the last year is to remove any languages that I don't use. In some cases other than saving a bit of space, functionality has been improved.

Reactions: cuellarm
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones