1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

LG L70 MetroPCS Root/Unlock Bootloader Issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ArmpitFunk, Nov 5, 2014.

1. ArmpitFunk

ArmpitFunk Newbie

I wanted to have this threat to have my phone as the poster child of needing help. I am no stranger nor newbie to rooting, and this is the first phone in my clutches I have been unable to do anything with.

Having the phone since yesterday afternoon I have tried the infamous TowelRoot, Framaroot. I have tried Purple Drake. None have worked, and was told have to unlock bootloader to get them to root. Bootloader unlock as posted in these forums has not worked. Cannot bootload to recovery, and have only been able to get to the download screen once. Flashing has also been unsuccessful and never even got into flashing. Stopped on phone analysis at 60%.

Phone Specs:
    Android 4.4.2
    Baseband M8610B (let me know if u need the rest)
    Kernel 3.4.0+
    Software: MS32310c

I know based on these and XDA forums something about the 10c stopped root. I get that. Didn't get an option in that, came with phone. But damn, NOTHING IS WORKING??? It's not like its a friggin Galaxy 5 here.

Does anyone have any comprehensive instructions on getting past these problems. I need to root this phone; with 1GB internal space, I have to take this bloatware off this thing.

I thought I'd start this thread, as no one has posted any problems or issues prior to the summer.

Thanks all.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. crutchcorn

crutchcorn Android Expert

Downgrade to firmware B and then do everything you need to... Flashing the KDZ is rather easy

3. jplsteel

jplsteel Android Enthusiast

Crutchcorn is exactly right. The 10c update for the l70 is not root able with towelroot as of yet... Have to go back to 10b to achieve any of this. I've had this l70 for 2 months now and its still on 10b.

4. nickyhickey

nickyhickey Android Enthusiast

I recently unbricked my ms323b using the lg flash tool. My phone upgraded while my girlfriend was using it the other day and its on ms323c now. Would I just reflash v10b to use towelroot?

5. ArmpitFunk

ArmpitFunk Newbie

I was able to FINALLY flash the phone. It took a minute, but I was able to find some very detailed instructions compiled from several sites in order to do it. I am now rooted and bootloader unlocked to boot!

6. ArmpitFunk

ArmpitFunk Newbie

Yes, you will have to flash the phone as I did back to version MS323b in order to use any root. Towelroot probably is the quickest and the least painful. Something happened in the C version that fixed the exploits for root and unlocking. Can't do anything with it unless you flash back.

nickyhickey likes this.
  7. Pcoylesac

Pcoylesac Newbie

Anyone have a link for the MS323b rom?

8. crutchcorn

Are you asking for a zip flashable (using CWM) rom or how to flash the 323b KDZ?

9. crutchcorn

10. Nahhhh Bruhh

Nahhhh Bruhh Lurker

do you have a link that shows how to downgrade to MS323b im new to the whole rooting thing

11. crutchcorn

Nahhhh Bruhh and nickyhickey like this.
  12. Can you help me do it, I'm in your exact postition and have tried everything.

13. Matguerra

Matguerra Lurker

I know I'm going to sound dumb lol but how do I downgrade this back to ms32310b?

14. crutchcorn

15. Matguerra

Matguerra Lurker

Thanks for helping me out but the download for the link doesn't work and when i do the alternate it says its been deleted. also i have unlocked this phone from metro to cricket, i wont lose that will i?

16. Matguerra

Matguerra Lurker

Thanks for helping me out but the download for the link doesn't work and when i do the alternate it says its been deleted. also i have unlocked this phone from metro to cricket, i wont lose that will i?

17. nickyhickey

nickyhickey Android Enthusiast

Nope sure won't. I believe so any way. I have active links to my mega account with 10a, and 10b kdz', and the multitool

18. Matguerra

Matguerra Lurker

Nickyhickey can you PM me please?

19. Pokerguy365

Pokerguy365 Lurker

Use Kingo ROOT. Worked on my Lgsm323 quickly and doesn't un-root even after a factory reset.

LG L70 Forum

The LG L70 release date was April 2014. Features and Specs include a 4.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon 200 processor, and 2100mAh battery.

April 2014
Release Date
Reviews