• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG L9 update to V10e131107 from MetroPCS...

Any one else get the recent push from Metro PCS for the update from V10d130829 to V10e131107?
I was just wondering what it contained and if this one was going to un-root my L9 that I spent half a day rooting!?!?!?

Gracias!

Update: Got tired of seeing the pop up and waiting for a pro to log in to this forum so i went ahead and bit the bullet. No effect on root.

Any one else get the recent push from Metro PCS for the update from V10d130829 to V10e131107?
I was just wondering what it contained and if this one was going to un-root my L9 that I spent half a day rooting!?!?!?

Gracias!

Not sure about v10e but for future reference on v10d if you use cydia impactor it takes all of 20 seconds to root it..

Reactions: diggs916
Upvote 0
Not sure about v10e but for future reference on v10d if you use cydia impactor it takes all of 20 seconds to root it..

Thanks for the belated FYI but where were you two weeks ago? I searched pretty hard to find that one myself and was also surprised how unbelievably simple it was to use but I'd hate to find out the hard way that CYDIA doesn't work on V10e131107 since that's what will be running on my phone after the update.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the belated FYI but where were you two weeks ago? I searched pretty hard to find that one myself and was also surprised how unbelievably simple it was to use but I'd hate to find out the hard way that CYDIA doesn't work on V10e131107 since that's what will be running on my phone after the update.

tokenpoke posted something about it and wound up on xda.. man i just got phone last friday.. brought it back from every level of brick so far lol.. but yeah man i feel ya.. i'm content with v10d now but i'll keep my eye open.. ran across a radio flash for v10e the other day so prob when i get a chance i'll throw that on and see how it does..

Upvote 0
Just tried it.. Lost root.. cydia does not reroot on v10e..

No way, really? I just got out of bed to double check mine... Still rooted! I even reboot it out of paranoia. I'm guessing you probably weren't rooted in the first place. I both see all my permissions in place and root access just like before. I guess we'll see after somebody else pulls the trigger.
Good to know the root tool doesn't work once you do the update though.
Hope you at least have your boot loader unlocked so you can just go back to before the update.

Upvote 0
No way, really? I just got out of bed to double check mine... Still rooted! I even reboot it out of paranoia. I'm guessing you probably weren't rooted in the first place. I both see all my permissions in place and root access just like before. I guess we'll see after somebody else pulls the trigger.
Good to know the root tool doesn't work once you do the update though.
Hope you at least have your boot loader unlocked so you can just go back to before the update.

Was definitely rooted.. had that 2nd init cwm on too (all gone) just downgraded to v10b to try and get this bootloader again.. got root back.. now crossing fingers for the bootloader..

Upvote 0
Was definitely rooted.. had that 2nd init cwm on too (all gone) just downgraded to v10b to try and get this bootloader again.. got root back.. now crossing fingers for the bootloader..

So sorry to hear that, the only difference I can think of is that you unlocked your bootloader and I didn't.
How long did the update take to run on your device, did you reboot immediatly or do it manually?
I just find it strange that I still have mine rooted and you don't after this update!?!? If it's any consolation to your having to uninstall the update, I can't see any real difference other than my touchscreen is a bit more sensitive and my Zimperium Pen-test app is working faster.

Upvote 0
I panicked, my rooted L9 was acting like a charm, then I woke up to the most horrifying Android lying on his side with his stomach open and the dreadful alarm sign on its side. I hopped up and ran to my computer to get ready to do a whole fixing.I plugged it in and waited out the new Metro update before I was about to reprogram my whole phone the start screen came up.

I don't see anything wrong with my phone yet. I scanned through it. The applications look the same. Maybe it's for a longer battery life, since this one was a giant drainer?

As for still rooting:

SuperSu is still granting rights and asking me to verify, what a scary update for me.Root does work on my phone after the update, seems the system update went right over it , easy as pie.

Upvote 0
I hit the update and got the sideways opened android with the caution alarm sign too. I was like 'shit'. nothing was happening. I took the battery out, popped it back in and turned on. it booted up normally and everything is working fine and it looks like I'm still on the previous d update instead of e. I am still rooted (used the Chinese one click) weird. I guess I won't try updating again. don't want to chance bricking anything and everything already works great anyway.

Upvote 0
If you're rooted download a app called FOTAKill.apk and install it in system/app using a file manager. And you won't ever get any s/w updates again. I uploaded a copy of it to 4shared or Google it.

This upgrade is installing automatically on my wife's phone. Its been running over a half hour, how long does it take or is her phone locked. I'm going to remove the batt soon cause she needs her phone for Xmas things women do.

Reactions: locknload1
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones