1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support LG Lucid 2 is stuck in a loop turning on...

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Anna6, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Anna6

Anna6 Lurker
    None

Mar 23, 2016
    My Lucid 2 is stuck on recurring Verizon screen.... I tried taking out a battery, taking out the sim card, tried factory reset (doesn't work, when I press the power button to "confirm" reset, it says that reset was cancelled).
    It happened after my browser froze and I restarted the phone...

Contacted LG help they want me to send it to them to try to repair... It would cost me more than the phone did (I bought it used) so I want to try and see if there is anything I can do myself.. .

Can anyone please help?

Advertisement

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    If you are booting into recovery to do the factory reset, try clearing the system cache first, then reboot and go back into recovery to reset.

Considering you've tried everything else, if that doesn't work the next step would be to reflash the factory firmware. There are instructions and links here, but given that the Lucid 2 is a pretty old device, I can't guarantee that the files and links are still active. If you have any problems finding the files you need, then just ask back here and we'll try to track them down for you.

You also have to consider that the reason your phone froze in the first place was a hardware failure. Maybe a memory sector went bad in which case there really isn't a software solution to fix it.

BustaLime likes this.