• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help LG Lucid Corrupted Bootloader

I am in need of desperate help. My LG Lucid will not turn on or anything, let me explain. It was late and for some stupid reason I ran the bootloader pwnage tool for LG Spectrum on my LG Lucid because I mistook my LG Lucid for a Spectrum. It will not turn on, doesn't vibrate at all, or show any lights when plugged in. Pressing any buttons does nothing at all. Please help me to at least figure things out and if needed a cheap repair. I would greatly appreciate any kind of help.

When I plug in the Lucid to my Acer Aspire 5100 running Windows 8.1 32-bit, the lights start flashing at a random interval of 1-5 times and then disconnects and reconnects. If I pop out the battery right when it flashes, it will stay connected till shut off or battery is replaced. If you need, I can give diagnostics through varying Ubuntu commands you specify. It doesn't react differently upon what buttons are pressed. I have both Windows 8.1 and Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. No screen activity or haptic feedback is shown, no audio of any kind signals anything.

Upvote 0
When I plug in the Lucid to my Acer Aspire 5100 running Windows 8.1 32-bit, the lights start flashing at a random interval of 1-5 times and then disconnects and reconnects. If I pop out the battery right when it flashes, it will stay connected till shut off or battery is replaced. If you need, I can give diagnostics through varying Ubuntu commands you specify. It doesn't react differently upon what buttons are pressed. I have both Windows 8.1 and Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. No screen activity or haptic feedback is shown, no audio of any kind signals anything.

If the lights start flashing your battery is dead. To get in download mode download this drivers to your windows pc http://www.lg.com/us/support-mobile/lg-VS840 . Remove your phone battery and press power + vol down + vol up. The three buttons simultaneously and plug the USB cable and put the battery back to the phone. When you see "Download Is in Progress" release the buttons and start unbricking your phone with this http://androidforums.com/lucid-all-things-root/654009-guide-unbrick-lg-lucid.html

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones