• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root LG Marquee Root V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomasmbl

Android Enthusiast
Jul 11, 2011
This root method will re-patch the first root.
>LG Marquee Root V2<

Thanks to Dan from creating it. And playful for bringing it to us

Instructions:
::
:: 1. Ensure you have the latest drivers installed from LG
:: 2. Put your device in debugging mode
:: 3. Attach it via USB
:: 4. Run this script in the same directory as the rest of the extracted
:: zipfile

This root method will re-patch the first root.
>LG Marquee Root V2<

Have you tried this? I thought you didn't have a Marquee. Any idea if it works, who made it, and what are the directions?

Thank you for the post, but I would like to see some more information about where it came from.

Only trying to impress what Scary Alien (moderator) has mentioned in the past. Developers should request volunteers for beta releases, and users should should understand the consequences before trying anything.

I am just trying to verify this, so we don't brick our phones. "Buyer Beware!"

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
It doesn't work on my boost marquee. Here is a screen of what I get running the .bat:
imgur: the simple image sharer

Help :(

Is this the same picture you used in the Playful Thread? I compared the version that Playful links to in the Undeniable thread and this one, and they look to be exactlky the same, other than a name change in the run.bat file.

thomasmbl, how exactly did you change Mr. Dan Patterson's exploit to work with the Marquee? This is getting tiresome.

Upvote 0
Is this the same picture you used in the Playful Thread? I compared the version that Playful links to in the Undeniable thread and this one, and they look to be exactlky the same, other than a name change in the run.bat file.

thomasmbl, how exactly did you change Mr. Dan Patterson's exploit to work with the Marquee? This is getting tiresome.

I don't no wat my friend did but it was stuck on waiting on device for a couple mins n I just turned the USB debugging off n on then it just started working

Upvote 0
Okay, here's the deal:

The root download listed in the OP is identical to, excepting changes made to the comments in the run.bat file, the fine work done by the very esteemed Dan Rosenberg (djrbliss) of vulnfactory.org:

Security Research by Dan Rosenberg

who is well-known for his root and vulnerability exploits on Android (and other) devices--the first of which was the Droid 3 exploit that was found to work on all recent Moto Droid-class devices.

If the intent was simply to notify folks that rooting the LG Marquee could be done using this same LG Esteem root exploit, that could have been stated and a link to the above site provided.

That's now been done.

This thread has served its purpose and its time for it to be closed.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones