1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

LG Mobile Supporter Tool stuck

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by grimlock1234, Feb 17, 2011.

1. grimlock1234

grimlock1234 Lurker

I am attempting to update my LG Eve from V10F to V10Q using the LG Mobile Supporter Tool under Windows 7. I have tried installing, uninstalling, reinstalling, etc. the updater, USB drivers, etc. I have tried removing the SD card and battery, turning on/off USB Mass Storage Only and USB Debug mode. The furthest I have gone in the process was with:

- no SD card
    - battery in
    - USB Mass Storage Only off
    - USB Debug mode off

The updating software stops after 40%, saying that there is a problem with the communications between the cell phone and my PC. It says that I should remove the battery, put it back in, and restart. That did not help.

Sometimes I can't even get to the updater. The Supporter Tool sometimes gets stuck at "Checking the connection with the cell phone..."

One thing: my Windows 7 installation is inside a Linux VirtualBox. I do not know if this matters, although I know that it worked with the previous update to V10F before...I will try to find a real windows box later when I have a chance.

Any ideas?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. grimlock1234

grimlock1234 Lurker

The furthest I have got to is at the analysis step:

Analyzing your cell phone environment...

Checking the connection with the cell phone...
    Checking the model...
    Checking the S/W version...

And then it stops at 50%.

3. youngd24

youngd24 Lurker

Do you have the LG USB Modem disabled in Device Manager? If not, go to Start > System > Device Manager and disable the LG USB Modem

mccutheon likes this.
  4. mccutheon

mccutheon Lurker

After an agonizing day trying to unbrick my phone, I had this problem at the final stages. Signed up just to say thanks to youngd24!

LG Eve Forum

The LG Eve release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, GB RAM, processor, and 1500mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews