1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

LG Motion 4G Keyboard

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dlg320, Dec 25, 2012.

1. dlg320

dlg320 Lurker

I'm new to the android system, and being an old qwerty touch typist of the full keyboard variety, I'm having a very hard time typing on the little keyboard on my LG motion. Is there anyway to enlarge the keyboard? I know about turning it sideways, but that is still far too small for my pudgy fingers. Are there any apps that enlarge a keyboard perhaps? Is there a way to connect a keyboard to the phone? Any tips or advice will be greatly appreciated! Thanks DLG

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. cjbandroid

cjbandroid Member

You can always get a micro Bluetooth keyboard, which have their own battery built in, all wireless, and about 2x the size of the phone. Not the greatest for on the go, but if you're in a place that needs you to make a response to an email or such... it will make things easier.

Newegg has them from about $15 upward

Sepero likes this.
  3. THE W

THE W Android Expert

as mentioned above, thats probably gonna be your best solution.

there's only so much room on a 3.5" screen. you can check out different keyboards in the play store that make the keys bigger but the keyboard will end up covering the whole screen to where you wont be able to see what you're typing, making proofreading a bit of a hassle.

4. TJayDroid

TJayDroid Well-Known Member

I've found that a great entry-level keyboard for first-time smartphone/android users is Swype (already installed on your Motion). If you're currently using Swype as your default keyboard and NOT utilizing the "swiping" feature, then you're missing out. My fingers are a bit big for the keyboard, too, and the tip of my finger never seems to hit the key I want. But Swype lets me BE inaccurate to a certain degree, but it picks up the gist of the word I want and I can simply keep swiping. Can automatically space between words, has great punctuation features, and you can get VERY fast with it. I know I have.

If you haven't tried it, use it for a minimum of a couple of days worth of texting. You might find it works a treat for big-fingered folk.

5. dlg320

dlg320 Lurker

Thanks for all the helpful advice. I've downloaded a larger keyboard app and I will look for a bluetooth wireless keyboard to suppliment. Thanks again...DLG

6. Davolt

Davolt Newbie

I use GO luancher keyboard, it works great.

Sepero likes this.
  7. Sepero

Sepero Linux Guru

Sometimes I use the open source app "WifiKeyboard". It let's you use your computers keyboard to type into your device.

PHP87 likes this.
  8. PHP87

PHP87 Android Enthusiast

"Smart Keyboard" - There is a Trial version in the Play Store.

I will likely purchase "Smart Keyboard Pro" for $2.64 once the Trial period is up.

There are also Language packs, so be sure to DL the "English" pack or whatever language you prefer. There are several to choose from. Or you can put several languages on your KB and switch between them if you type in more than one language.

Once installed from the Play Store, you just go into "Settings" > "Language & Input" and tick the "Smart Keyboard Trial" checkbox, then touch the "Settings" Icon and adjust the KB Settings to your liking.

The best features are that the size of the keys are user adjustable and the user can also select from various styles of KBs such as iPhone, Android, Gingerbread, Galaxy, HTC, Grey, White, Black and there is also an option to DL more Skins.

I prefer the "Galaxy" style KB.

Of course it has the usual other features - key preview pop-up on key touch, vibrate, sound, key press duration, spell check, text prediction, long press for special characters, and even a "Calibration" feature that has you type a common phrase to improve your typing accuracy and a bunch of other features.

I will have to DL more Skins, but I like this KB very much and I highly recommend it.

YouTube vid review:

Smart Keyboard App Review (What's The Apps) - YouTube

LG Motion 4G Forum

The LG Motion 4G release date was August 2012. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Plus processor, and 1700mAh battery.

August 2012
Release Date
Reviews