1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

LG motion vs ZTE anthem?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by HereticSins, Aug 20, 2012.

1. HereticSins

HereticSins Android Expert

Which is better?
    LG motion has a 3.5" screen.
    Ics.
    Dual core.
    1gb of ram.

ZTE anthem has a 4" screen.
    Ics.
    Dual core.
    But 1/2 gb of ram.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mike28

mike28 Android Expert

Lg motion hands down

3. HereticSins

So the more RAM does make a difference?

4. mike28

mike28 Android Expert

Yes plus better built quality lg is great company

HereticSins likes this.
  5. pcgamer

pcgamer Android Enthusiast

More ram= more available space for apps that are running. That's why my phone crashes a lot. I have too many apps...

6. HereticSins

So do you guys think the motion can handle games like nova 3? Or will the screen be too small?

7. pcgamer

Depends. How small are your hands?

8. Khemul

Khemul Well-Known Member

The key with Android is community. So which is more likely to get a good dev following, LG or ZTE?

I don't really know a whole lot about ZTE, but LG phones seem to do okay in that regards.

Otherwise, all the specs say the Motion is by far the superior phone except when looking at screen size.

9. HereticSins

There pretty big. I can easily hold and use my esteem with one hand.

10. rooob

rooob Member

i think the ZTE looks better (physically), but as the first video review someone posted, it doesn't seem to be a good phone, too many bugs/laggy/etc.
    ---
    oh wait i think i saw the review for the coolpad

11. horsecharles

horsecharles Android Expert

This.

Also, another thing to look at is total inner storage...make sure it's 8gb instead of 4...enough space to hold lots of apps...+ not having to constantly migrate data/backups/downloads/ to external....

the S3 can have max 16gb, and coming with 2gb ram....which are real pluses, for the same reasons....

12. pcgamer

Lol, it was a joke. The motion will be a 3.5 screen which is not that suitable for gaming.

13. HereticSins

Isn't the I phones screen 3.5?
    And a lot of people game on it.

14. pcgamer

Why do you think people are switching to android...?

15. HereticSins

Open source, cheaper phones, cheaper service?

16. Khemul

Khemul Well-Known Member

A lot of people think they game on it. ;)

But yeah, it isn't impossible. But screen size is a major factor in gaming. The bigger the screen the more control you get. Being able to see things better helps also.

17. HereticSins

Damn I guess ill wait for a better phone. With a +4" screen with 1gb Ram, ics , and dual core. S3 will be too expensive for me. :/

18. Khemul

Khemul Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. Although I may just settle for the Motion or Anthem. The Motion with a 4" screen would be perfect.

Looks like they are doing low-end and mid-range releases, then a small gap, S3 then another gap, then high-end. There are still two more phones to get released, but they aren't on the roadmap that ends with the S3 release so not sure if they are getting slipped in or going for early 2013 with those.

19. pcgamer

That's why I invested in a Motorola xoom. Its a Google device :D so it gets android updates!!!

20. mike28

mike28 Android Expert

Yes you are right after the s3 there are some mid range 4 inches dual cores coming

21. HereticSins

Yeah but I need a phone. I might just settle for the motion. Unless someone gets a leak of those one mid range phones.

22. Kid09

Kid09 Android Enthusiast

Those reviews weren't even that. They were just hand's on with an unfinished product. Performance might have improved a bit since the phone from when was announced up until now.

23. jtw1216

jtw1216 Android Expert

ZTE phones are not too bad. Had a Warp on Boosts once. Worked pretty good, even on crappy 3g. But LG is a more stable manufacturer in my opinion. I think they're gonna be some serious competition with Samsung as time goes by.

24. WeekiAj

WeekiAj Newbie

The Motion is defiantly a better built phone , but i can't say ZTE makes a bad product either - I've had 1 or 2 ZTE scores come back and compared to 100's of admires ....

The LG Motion can defiantly handle some gaming , I loaded up Asphalt 7 (smooth as butter game play , no lag or anything ... my Moto RAZR Couldn't even do that)