• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG motion vs ZTE anthem?

The key with Android is community. So which is more likely to get a good dev following, LG or ZTE?

I don't really know a whole lot about ZTE, but LG phones seem to do okay in that regards.

Otherwise, all the specs say the Motion is by far the superior phone except when looking at screen size.

Upvote 0
More ram= more available space for apps that are running. That's why my phone crashes a lot. I have too many apps...

This.

Also, another thing to look at is total inner storage...make sure it's 8gb instead of 4...enough space to hold lots of apps...+ not having to constantly migrate data/backups/downloads/ to external....

the S3 can have max 16gb, and coming with 2gb ram....which are real pluses, for the same reasons....

Upvote 0
Damn I guess ill wait for a better phone. With a +4" screen with 1gb Ram, ics , and dual core. S3 will be too expensive for me. :/

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. Although I may just settle for the Motion or Anthem. The Motion with a 4" screen would be perfect.

Looks like they are doing low-end and mid-range releases, then a small gap, S3 then another gap, then high-end. There are still two more phones to get released, but they aren't on the roadmap that ends with the S3 release so not sure if they are getting slipped in or going for early 2013 with those.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I'm in the same boat. Although I may just settle for the Motion or Anthem. The Motion with a 4" screen would be perfect.

Looks like they are doing low-end and mid-range releases, then a small gap, S3 then another gap, then high-end. There are still two more phones to get released, but they aren't on the roadmap that ends with the S3 release so not sure if they are getting slipped in or going for early 2013 with those.

Yes you are right after the s3 there are some mid range 4 inches dual cores coming

Upvote 0
i think the ZTE looks better (physically), but as the first video review someone posted, it doesn't seem to be a good phone, too many bugs/laggy/etc.
---
oh wait i think i saw the review for the coolpad

Those reviews weren't even that. They were just hand's on with an unfinished product. Performance might have improved a bit since the phone from when was announced up until now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones