• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root LG MS770 Issues

First off, Huge thanks to the LG senior members, Mods and Devs! The knowledge shared and collected here is amazing. :D
I've been lurking about for some time now, All the while pushing my Metro Lg MS770 to it's limits and learning at the same time..:p This can be problematic.
I installed the LTE2 2nd init recovery and successfully flashed the PlayfulGod CM10 rom and gapps. I love the rom and the experience but the battery loss was too signifigant and snapchat was buggy. I made a titanium back up and made a backup via the recovery menu. I tried to flash Bards (ROM)(Beta)LG-MS770 Deodexed/Debloated/Base Rom and accidentally flashed with gapps.:thinking:
I cannot access the recovery menu any longer.The flash put the phone in bootloop, I was able flash with the R&D test tool UpTestEX_mod2_marwin and get it bact to stock. I can flash between firmwares via .vdz and upgrade firmware from phone. I have rerooted and LTE2 2nd init recovery says success, Reboot recovery cycles normally with no recovery.:mad:
Can I repair the bootloader? Thank you again.

OK. I did the o4xr adb method and Im able to access the recovery again! Thanks! Im still experiencing issues though. I wiped/cleared the usual areas then flashed Bards rom from version E FW. The flash seemed successful yet reboot prompted a morning call. I was able to recover with the R&D test tool UpTestEX_mod2_marwin once again, However many problems remain persistent now. The data shows EV with dinosaur speeds to match. Using the phones update says "device not registered". I haven't tried the PlayfulGod CM10 or any other rom. I feel I have damaged/replaced critical boot files. I have just enough knowledge to break this thing and not enough core knowledge to understand the background workings it seems. :p

Upvote 0
Well that sucks; sorry to hear about it. I'm not sure what the test tool/marwin thing is (and I'm too lazy to look it up). But if you haven't tried it already, I'd go ahead and start from scratch by using the [GUIDE] Unbrick OR Unroot LG Motion 4G [KDZ].
Then see if that fixes your slow speeds and update issues. If so, great. Go ahead and re-root and all that jazz to try a ROM again (I had to do this close to FIVE times before I finally got Bards ROM up and running on my phone).
If the unbricking doesn't work . . . well, that's past my knowledge unfortunately. Hopefully someone else here can help you out.
Good luck!

Reactions: darkwanderer
Upvote 0
From my experience, the loki'd files in bards ROM require the use of version f aboot. I would recommend flashing from stock f so that you will have version f aboot. Or you can flash just the f aboot, I have a thread somewhere with a flashable f aboot.

First off, Your contribution to these boards are humbling. Thank you. (Is that a 98Rock shirt :p?)
Very nice! I will try that this evening, Thank you for the reply. I did flash F, So I will go from there. My data icon still shows EV on F stock. Could I have corrupted some radio setting or altered the cdma somehow? I have a backup, stock.nam i made with dfs cdma tool before this all took place.:thinking:
Will report back, Blessings!

Upvote 0
Nice, I'm in Orlampa. (Lakeland) Gasparilla, I think the Bucs won the Super Bowl too that year, Best drunk night ever. Beads and beer! Ybor rules. Thanks again.

Edit* Ok, I tried many ways to get Bards up and running, Still nothing. Morning call. I flashed Bobz and ran into issues with Snapchat putting the phone into airplane mode?:thinking:
I am now running playfulgods rom, Everything works great. Hopefully the battery can handle it or i can manage the processes better.:p
Thanks guys! Cheers!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones