• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG Nitro HD (LTE)

If I were looking at this phone, I'd compare signal strength vs. other phones in the store, before buying. FWIW, I took back my LG G2x due to weak reception (consistenly 10-14dBm less than all the other phones I had on T-Mo). When in my local Verizon store recently, the Droid Bionic and HTC Thunderbold were steady at -75dBm and -77dBm respectively, while the LG Revolution "4G" phone was only managing -93dBm.

Upvote 0
I just got mine and am very pleased so far. I'll start off by saying this is my first Android phone, or experience with Android at all. I haven't experienced a single bit of lag at all anywhere, in fact I can flick through my homescreens as fast as I can without a single hitch. Granted, I do use Zeam, which apparently is among the fastest launchers, so that could be why.

The build quality does not feel at all as good as an iPhone, I've compared my iPhone 3G and sister's 4S with my Nitro and neither compare. I'm sure all of you guys would have guessed. However, the plastic on the back feels of much higher quality than reviews would have you suspect, and the accents on the side feel good. While it isn't an iPhone, it still feels premium, and is much more resilient. It's also worth noting that I have small hands but have no problem handling this phone.

So far I am very happy with this phone and Android, and I think you guys would be too. If you're someone like me who keeps on waiting for the next product (FFS, I had the iPhone 3G) then I feel like this is a safe time for you to pull the trigger. I literally have no complaints with this phone, and you probably wouldn't either.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones