1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

LG OPT V 2.2.2 refuse any cutom roms

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by xzsl, Sep 3, 2011.

1. xzsl

xzsl Lurker

Here, this is some of my lessons and experience.
    My LG OPT V factory version is 2.2.2. And these steps are what I did,
    1, root with Gingerbread, all right;
    2, download the ROM manger from market, and flash the 3.2.0.1 clockworkmod recovery, all right;
    3, boot to the recovery mode, the LG logo displayed and then gone, but no any others things displayed, it kept a black screen;:thinking:
    4, take out the battery, and put in it, then press home + vol down + power, the LG logo displayed and gone, and still the display the black screen. This will not change no matter how long you wait;:thinking:
    5, take out battery to reboot, all right, the factory ROM still works;
    6, flash the recovery with the ROMtools 2.31, step by step just like the instruction, finally, failed, because it try to run the psneuter, and failed, so the flashing cant to be continued;
    7, with the terminal emulator and flash_image, flash the asopCWMod recovery, still can not boot to the recovery mode;:thinking:
    8, flash the Xionia_CWMA, boot to recovery, works;:D
    9, backup the factory rom, you will know this almost save my phone later;
    10, wipe data, wipe cache, ..., flash BACKCM 08312011, it display the signature is not correct when verifying;
    11, check the md5, it is the same as the website, toggle the verify signature setting, flash it,, OK, reboot, after the LG logo displayed and gone, nothing displayed, even though I can hear DANG DANG when press the vol up button;:thinking:
    12, reboot to recovery, and flash the CM 08202011, signature verifying is all right, reboot, still nothing displayed;:thinking:
    13, flash the 80102011 CM, the same;:thinking:
    14, flash the MIUI rom, the same; :thinking:
    15, flash the backup factory ROM, reboot, works.
    These are what I did, it took a really long time to do research your post and find ways, but finally, I still can not use a custom ROM only because this is LG OPT V 2.2.2, I used do this to a LG OPT V 2.2.1, and it was so easy and successful.
    BTW, the HOTSPOT of quick settings does not works on this 2.2.2, and it works well on 2.2.1, this is why I try so many times to flash a new ROM.
    Do any of you have such experience or have any idea of this?
    THANKS.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus

Did you mean to say that you rooted using the Gingerbreak.apk

The Gingerbreak.apk does not install the proper flash_image(which is necessary before you flash a custom recovery),and it does not install Busybox(which you must do with a Busybox install you can download from the Market)

Please go here http://androidforums.com/optimus-v-all-things-root/380801-guide-rooting-without-computer.html for proper instructions on how to install the above mentioned items.

Go ahead and Install the xionia recovery and make a backup of your System in the recovery before you do anything else(once you have done everything in the tutorial you can go back and use ROM Manager to flash ClockWorkMod recovery v3.2.0.1 if you need to)

Do everything but the rooting part as you have already accomplished that.

The Hotspot and Tethering capabilities where done away with on the 2.2.2 version

One other thing. In all CWMod recovery's the select button is the camera button. In Xionia recovery it could be either the home button or the menu button(if you use one button and the screen goes black just hit it again and then use the other button).

xzsl likes this.
  3. xzsl

xzsl Lurker

Yes, I used the Gingerbreak.ap, and also I installed the busybox from the market.

The flash_image I used is for another post, not from the ginger or busybox, and this is why it works.

Quick settings works on 2.2.2, but when toggle the "Hot Spot", I found that it will open the 3G and close the wifi, this is correct. But then the 3G will be closed imminently, I think this might be because of the service of LG, it close the 3G when trying to use as a hot spot.

As I did, the button of the CWM and the Xionia recovery is the same, I mean both are the camera button, I tried the home and nemu, they are no use then.

4. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus

Thats a new one. I have never heard of the selection button being the camera button in Xionia recovery. What version of Xionia recovery are you using?

As far as the black screen I now have been given enough info to determine that you need to go here [FIX]Black screen with custom recovery and custom roms - Android Forums

5. xzsl

xzsl Lurker

6. yogi-4

yogi-4 Android Enthusiast

When you flash a new ROM using Xionia, you have to format and clean the cache 2 to 3 times as one time may not delete all the data. I personally use Xionia (I just like the color blue better than the bright orange of CWM). It only take a minute longer to do it than with another recovery. Do that and follow the instructions on the link AndyOpie gave you and you should be good to go!!

xzsl likes this.

LG Optimus V Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews