1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

LG Optimus Black P970 Problems

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Android Question

None
    Ok so I bought a new LG Optimus Black from the Straight Talk website. It was an amazing phone until it got up to about a year old. I purchased it in July 2012 and I started having problems in June 2013.

So it happened when it was doing some auto-updates. I had a lot of big apps for games and I had the Go Launcher installed on it. It ran slow sometimes but it was still really amazing. Well when it was doing the updates it shut down. I tried turning it back on and I ended up with a message that I don't remember anymore. It wouldn't allow me to call anyone or do anything. I called straight talk from a different phone, and they told me that I had too many apps and that I had to factory reset it. So I did. That solved the message I was getting but it would rarely turn on and when it did, it would shut down again. So I did the factory reset again but checked the "erase SD Card" thing this time. That didn't work either. I would power it up and it would get to the blue Trac Phone page and then just stay there until it either died or I took out the battery. When it did turn on, it would turn off randomly, however I don't think it is actually off because it will heat up to crazy temperatures. I couldn't download anything from the play store without it shutting down and heating up. When I made a call, and the sensor turns the screen light off, it wont turn back on. I have to wait for the call to end, then the light will turn on and tell me that the call ended. Then the screen will go black again and the light won't turn back on, no matter which buttons I press. It also has problems connecting to any sort of internet, this includes 1x, 3G, and even wifi. The bars normally turn green when they have an internet signal, however, these rarely ever will. The phone turns off and heats up when I plug it in, unless the phone is off when I plug it in.

This all happened when it still had service. When I disconnected the phone and transferred the service to a different phone, my Optimus Black continued to have the same problems. Then I let it die and left it that way for about 2 weeks. I charged it completely and powered it back up and it seemed to be working fine. So I tried transferring the service back to it and it had the same problems.

I now have the LG Optimus Q now, and it is nice, but I miss my old phone. If you have any information that can help me fix this I will be so grateful. Anything you can do would be amazing. Thank you.

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    Straight Talk's best techs are on their Facebook page. Go there (it pays to create an account if you don't have one) and ask them for help.

scary alien likes this.