1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support LG Optimus for Metro PCS...HELP

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Pthang, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Pthang

Pthang New Member

Jun 29, 2011
    Does anyone how to change the qwerty keyboard. Mine somehow switched to the android....not a fan. Help!!!

Advertisement

2. Aggie12

Aggie12 Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2010
    student
    Planet Earth
    Pthang. I would suggest posting this in the forum that corresponds to your phone. This is a droid x forum and you will get a better response there. I would move your post but I don't know which lg optimus you have.

3. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA
    I've moved it over here, Metro PCS is the Optimus M I believe - maybe you can get the help needed by other Optimus M users.

I'm not 100% sure, but if I understand your question - switching keyboards is kinda easy.

Go to anyplace where you enter text - say - like you're going to do an SMS.

Now, in the box where you enter text - long press on that. If you have more than keyboard installed, it will pop up a choice to allow you to reset the default to the choices on your phone.

Hope this helps!

Lane likes this.
  4. Have we found out if this works? I have a Droid X (why I joined AndroidForum.com) :p but my fiancee has the Optimus M and I'd like to know if this works in case she ever runs into this problem.

I know, this is the Droid section :rolleyes: I'm just asking in case anyone ever posts the results.

5. ish05

ish05 Member

Jun 9, 2011
    Same as EarlyMon suggest. Long press in the box where you enter text, it will give you a choice of input method. Choose what you want to use. That's it. I had lost my swype and started freaking out until I figured it out. Hope it works for you.

Lane likes this.
  6. I came across this thread while browsing androidforum and was just looking into how this problem would/could be solved in case it happened to my fiancee. I've copied Ish05 & EarlMon's suggestion for that other person & saved it to my computer if this issue ever appears on her LG Optimus.

7. 103110

103110 New Member

Dec 3, 2012
    go to write a text and hold down the 123 and it will come up lg keyboard and go to keyboard layout...

8. 103110

103110 New Member

Dec 3, 2012
    i was freaking out i lost my swype but i got it back thank you for figuring it out

Tags: