1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support LG Optimus G screen unresponsive

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Sugarfree661, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Sugarfree661

Sugarfree661 Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 26, 2011
    Bakersfield Ca
    :( I have recently bought the LG optimus G a few days back, ive heard about a couple people having screen issues. Yesterday My phone fell out of my lap while exiting a vehicle, it put a slight crack on my screen for top to bottom, now my phone has become completly unresponsive to the touch, im hoping its just a bug but im not sure. maybe i deactivated it went it dropped? would there be any troubleshooting i can perform? or reseting my touch via Root? im no rooted and the screen doesnt work so id have to use a computer for everything if its possible... Anybody have a thought? thank you.

Advertisement

2. Little Darwin

Little Darwin Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 18, 2010
    Male
    Systems Analyst
    Wilkes-Barre, PA
    The only thing I could suggest is a factory reset, but I don't know how to do that with a non-responsive screen. If that wouldn't do it, then neither would rooting.

Sometimes when a screen is cracked it will continue to work, but other times it won't. And, I strongly suspect that you have a hardware failure.

It wouldn't hurt to try resetting or rooting, but unfortunately it might be like upgrading the OS on a PC to try to fix a broken keyboard... it would just delay the acceptance that the device is broken.

3. Alsaces Daddy

Alsaces Daddy Android Expert
    None

Nov 13, 2011
    Male
    Electrician
    Florida
    He could try to do a push through ADB on his computer but I'm not entirely sure to go about that.

I honestly believe you destroyed your digitizer or broke something loose inside the phone. May have to take it up with your insurance to get a replacement.

4. Liamo_210

Liamo_210 Android Expert
    None

Apr 30, 2011
    Male
    Ireland
    If its anything like the nexus 4 the screen is closer to the glass than with most phones ( zero gap technology) So I'd say you'll have to send out in for repair as I don't no anyone who was able to fix it themselves. Sorry though hope someone else can be of more help

Alsaces Daddy likes this.
Tags: