1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support LG Optimus GT540-Move app data to a new phone?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ThomBetterKnow, Apr 18, 2011.

1. ThomBetterKnow

None

Apr 18, 2011
    Okay, this may be more long winded than it needs to be, but I have a question as to whether or not I can do something. Also, I'm not sure if this is the right section, so I do apologise if it's wrong!

I have got the LG Optimus GT540, but with the lack of the official update to a newer version of Android, I'm looking toward getting something else. On this phone though, I've got apps and games that I would prefer not to lose all of my progress on (along with most people I was addicted to Angry Birds for a while!)

I've seen you can back up your data from games like Angry Birds and move it on other phones as it is on the SD card. However, as this 1.6, all of the apps and data is stored on the internal memory, with no way (I know of) moving it to the SD. My actual question was, is there any way I get this data from the internal memory to a new phone? Any help is welcomed! Thanks in advance!

Advertisement

2. x-treme

x-treme Member
    None

I think you can do that by using Titanium Backup.
    1. Root your phone using z4root or UniversalAndroot. (skip if it's rooted already)
    2. Download and install Titanium Backup from the market. (you can also try MyBackup Root if you have problems with Titanium Backup)
    3. If there's a BusyBox prompt, allow it to download it.
    4. Back up whatever needs to be backed up.

- x-treme

ThomBetterKnow likes this.
  3. gizmo001i

gizmo001i Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 25, 2011
    Have you thought of updating to the official 2.1, you would then be able to apps2sd to get your apps onto the SD card.

4. dudeman1996

dudeman1996 Android Expert
    None

Aug 20, 2010
    London, UK
    There are two things wrong with that:

1. 2.1 doesn't have apps2sd, that's 2.2+
    2. Copying the app to your SD card doesn't actually copy the save data as well, just the .apk file to save space.

5. dudeman1996

dudeman1996 Android Expert
    None

Aug 20, 2010
    London, UK
    I think the easiest way to do it is by using MyBackup Root. You'll need root access no matter what method you use. You can root using this app. Then download MyBackup Root from the Market and when it asks, backup the apk+data. You can also backup your personal data (settings, home screen, contacts, messages etc.)

Hope this helps! :)