• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG Optimus "Home Launcher"

aalopez10

May 11, 2010
OK guys, if you havent heard of the New LG Optimus phones Series that just came out in korea and Might be here soon in the USA,

found some apks & other things from the original "LG Optimus Z phone" first phone
to launch from the Optimus Series

looks like this
LG-Optimus-Z-01.jpg

so i play around with the apks, ( launcher and widgets ) and it work perfectly
on the evo (not sure if it works for other phones )with no editing necessary,

THE GOODS

-this launcher makes the phone look a little like the HTC sense cuz of the bottom dock , lets you drag any icons from your menu to the dock.
dockonbottom.png

and a Samsung Galaxy Launcher feel because of the dots on top for amount of screens you have.
dotsontop.png

-It has a new way of controlling your apps in your menu which i havent seen in many other android phones out ( maybe its just me ), which lets you organize your application on your menu as "categories" or "group" , which its really cool and you can drag and put it anywhere in the menu you want.
thumb_tall_lg-optimus-z-launcher-1.png

THE BAD

- Only lets you have 5 to 7 screens only, and it cant let you have less than 5 screens (which sucks)

thumb_tall_lg-optimus-z-homescreens.png

Some Other Goodies That Work

-World Clock widget
clockwidgets.png

-Analog Clock widgets ( 8 of them )
clocksf.png

-Calendar Widget

-Memo Widget

- Home Selector App

-LG Wallpapers

THINGS THAT NEED TO BE FIX

-Launcher works normal and you can play around with it and no problem but one bug that i wish someone (DEV) to fix is that whenever you open a application and you try to go back by pressing the home bottom on your evo it "Force closes", THE SAME WHEN YOU Launch the "Home selector app" and you pick "LG as your Launcher" Sometimes it "force closes", from there everything else works perfectly and if someone could fix this problem than i might make this my default launcher :)

- and a way to customize the icons as shortcuts or other way, & drag it to the dock ( not sure if theres other ways ).

but for now ENJOYYY IT AND PLAY AROUND WIT IT AND TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK????

*****Make sure you download the LG HOME & HOME SELECTOR apk first than download the widgets to make it work******

LG Home
LG Home.apk

Home Selector
Home selector.apk

LG Widgets
LG Widgets.zip

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones