1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support LG optimus Is being freeze

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Meharwade, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Meharwade

Meharwade Lurker
    None

Jan 17, 2011
    some time while i am on call it will run hardly for 5 min and screen will go off. all four buttons will start blinking if i try to switch it off it will not respond. all i have to do is removing and resetting the battery to restart the mobile... because of this prob i removed my SD card and used the mobile its working fine till now.

is any one is facing the same problem. i cant keep my mobile without SD card. if any other solution please share...

Advertisement

2. CarrieK

CarrieK Android Expert
    None

Dec 6, 2010
    Information Systems Analyst
    Nashville, TN
    I have no idea why the sd card would cause that type of problem but I do know that a higher class sd card than the one that came with the phone has fixed a lot of sd related issues. I use a class 5. Also some people have reported success with reformatting their sd cards...just remember to copy your stuff first ;) Oh, and before removing the card make sure you always unmount it.

Meharwade likes this.
  3. Meharwade

Meharwade Lurker
    None

Jan 17, 2011
    Hi CarrieK,

What is higher class sd card, i don't know the difference between. and i faced the problem while using the SD card supplied with my optimus Phone.

4. CarrieK

CarrieK Android Expert
    None

Dec 6, 2010
    Information Systems Analyst
    Nashville, TN
    Hi, I am so sorry I haven't responded before now, it has been a while since I've logged in!

"Class" is a quality level. If you go somewhere like Electronics Express or Best Buy and ask they can show you. Since you get improved quality with each class level, each level will cost more, but believe me, it is worth it!

5. Ma}{imus

Ma}{imus Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 15, 2010
    To add to CarrieK's comment be careful at the big retail stores (Best Buy, Costco, etc.) because many of the micro SDs sold there are class 2. If you pull your card out of your phone and look on it there should be a number with a circle around it. That's the class. Anything class 4 or above should be sufficient for the Optimus S. I have a 16 gig class 4 card that I got online for a decent price and it works great. No issues since I got it.