• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Lg optimus l70-d321 bricked stuck on boot loot

zonafyde602

Sep 24, 2014
Okay So I have an Lg Optimus l70 D321 and it appears to be bricked. I successfully rooted the phone but then I download this App called Chainfire 3D. After I used it, my phone restarted, but now it is stucked on the boot logo screen. The small LED flashes colors as normal, and when I connect the phone to my PC, my PC does make a sound.
I have tried for hours trying to figure out how to fix this. I cannot figure it out.
I have also tried using Volume (-) and power button commands, but the phone just turns off and reboots to the same boot logo.
If you can help me, that would be awesome! Thank you.

You need unbrick instructions from google MS323 unbrick instructions. Download the firmware, the LG FLASH TOOL 2014, as well as the patched version of the LG Mobile Support tool. It failed on my Toshiba Satellite but was successful on Windows 8.1 with Intel Processor. The Corporate LG FLASH tool was unsuccessful as I was trying to recompile my rom from scratch and I missed the build.prop. I was stuck with a brick until I tried it with my other laptop and noticed it was successful. Install the drivers.

Reactions: zonafyde602
Upvote 0
Now in regards to what they sent me, its a lot of stuff. But no KDZ file.
It's the source. This must be converted to a flashable file. Which in LG's case is KDZ. Unless you can do it yourself, you may request a member of the Official Unloved Device Hit Squad (OUDHS). If you are patient enough they might do it.
If you do get the KDZ then follow the unbrick guide. Since your device is bricked already you may try the D320 KDZ. I would do so if put in this situation but I don't recommend it.

Upvote 0
It came with 3 ZIP Files and instructions. Let me know if you are familiar with any of this.
1. Android build
- Download original android source code ( kitkat 4.4.2 ) from Android Developers
- Untar opensource packages of LG-D321_Android_KK_D321V10c_Android.tar.gz into downloaded android source directory
a) cat LG-D321_Android_KK_D321V10c_Android.tar.gza* | tar -zxvpf -

- And, merge the source into the android source code
- Run following scripts to build android
a) source build/envsetup.sh
b) lunch
c) 1 or Enter (default setting is 1)
d) make
- When you compile the android source code, you have to add google original prebuilt source(toolchain) into the android directory.
- After build, you can find output at out/target/product/generic

2. Kernel Build
- Uncompress using following command at the android directory
tar -xvzf LG-D321_Android_KK_D321V10c_Kernel.tar.gz
- When you compile the kernel source code, you have to add google original prebuilt source(toolchain) into the android directory.
- Run following scripts to build kernel
a) cd kernel
b) make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=../prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-eabi-4.7/bin/arm-eabi- w5_aio_us_defconfig zImage
- After build, you can find the build image(zImage) at arch/arm/boot

3. how to build chromium_lge (vendor\lge\external\chromium_lge\src),
please refer to README.txt at the folder mentioned above.

Reactions: AJfrmVegas
Upvote 0
It's the source. This must be converted to a flashable file. Which in LG's case is KDZ. Unless you can do it yourself, you may request a member of the Official Unloved Device Hit Squad (OUDHS). If you are patient enough they might do it.
If you do get the KDZ then follow the unbrick guide. Since your device is bricked already you may try the D320 KDZ. I would do so if put in this situation but I don't recommend it.

OKay, think I will do that. Sorry I had replied on thread before reading this.

Upvote 0
It came with 3 ZIP Files and instructions. Let me know if you are familiar with any of this.
1. Android build
- Download original android source code ( kitkat 4.4.2 ) from Android Developers
- Untar opensource packages of LG-D321_Android_KK_D321V10c_Android.tar.gz into downloaded android source directory
a) cat LG-D321_Android_KK_D321V10c_Android.tar.gza* | tar -zxvpf -

- And, merge the source into the android source code
- Run following scripts to build android
a) source build/envsetup.sh
b) lunch
c) 1 or Enter (default setting is 1)
d) make
- When you compile the android source code, you have to add google original prebuilt source(toolchain) into the android directory.
- After build, you can find output at out/target/product/generic

2. Kernel Build
- Uncompress using following command at the android directory
tar -xvzf LG-D321_Android_KK_D321V10c_Kernel.tar.gz
- When you compile the kernel source code, you have to add google original prebuilt source(toolchain) into the android directory.
- Run following scripts to build kernel
a) cd kernel
b) make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=../prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-eabi-4.7/bin/arm-eabi- w5_aio_us_defconfig zImage
- After build, you can find the build image(zImage) at arch/arm/boot

3. how to build chromium_lge (vendor\lge\external\chromium_lge\src),
please refer to README.txt at the folder mentioned above.
For doing that you need a build environment on your Linux system ready. You need to know how to use basic Linux cmdline commands. Haven't had the time to learn all that or even to setup a build environment. But familiar with some of the process.

Upvote 0
So I actually went and contacted LG, this is site they sent me to.
OpenSource Code Distribution

Rofl. I cant believe they actually sent an end user the source code as a response. hahaha

I'll mention it in OUDHS. Will also try to compile it. Im on cricket as well so a lot of these tweaks will not work as they are for MS323 and D320.

Reactions: zonafyde602
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones