• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG Optimus L9 vs LG Motion?

Zephyr101

Android Enthusiast
Dec 2, 2012
Texas
Sorry guys, I know you guys hate these threads and stuff but I was thinking of getting an LG Optimus L9 from T-mobile so that I can move away from the Motion, but seeing it's specs doesn't have me very convinced compared to our motion.
Do you guys think I should switch to that phone or stay here.
(I already have the Nexus 4 as my number one choice as to what phone I'd wanna switch to) but in case something else happens, do you guys think the LG Optimus L9 is better than our motion? Performance wise

Upvote 0
It's just that seeing it's benchmark on untutu being 7000-something
compared to the Motion's 12000-something, was just a bit of a let down :p

To tell the truth I personally think LG Motion is faster than LG Spirit even though specs are same.

The reason being LG Motion doesn't have to work hard as LG Spirit because screen size and resolution are smaller... so it can allocate more cpu/memory to actual calculation...

It logically makes sense but I have no technical proof or anything... :rolleyes: it maybe just my feeling..

Upvote 0
It's just that seeing it's benchmark on untutu being 7000-something
compared to the Motion's 12000-something, was just a bit of a let down :p

Out of the phones your able to buy ay metro im going with the and im am with lg for life whatever it could be seen as a gang slang crap like that but rather not anyways like i was say the s4 since its a 70 down and monthly payments after that which is a awesome deal if u ask me

Upvote 0
I recently bought the l9 to replace my motion. I don't really game on my phone so I can't comment on that but for everyday use I love it. Until you have the larger screen you don't know what your missing! Its easy to overcook this phone, I run at 1.3. Also its latest update is jellybean :)
Yeah, I don't game much either.
So I think I will be getting the L9
I love the way it looks
:D

Upvote 0
I bought the Metro version of the L9, when my Motions died.
1) It is not as fast as the Motion, but it does not lag
2) It really runs on T-mobile network, which are way faster than Metro:

2) Comes stock with Android 4.1.2
3) Boot-loader is unlockable :)
4) Kernel's with CPU & GPU OC are available
5) As well as CM 10.1(only issue is 1080p recording)

PS, I finally got my Motion back from LG...the phones memory had to be replaced!

Upvote 0
I bought the Metro version of the L9, when my Motions died.
1) It is not as fast as the Motion, but it does not lag
2) It really runs on T-mobile network, which are way faster than Metro:

2) Comes stock with Android 4.1.2
3) Boot-loader is unlockable :)
4) Kernel's with CPU & GPU OC are available
5) As well as CM 10.1(only issue is 1080p recording)

PS, I finally got my Motion back from LG...the phones memory had to be replaced!

That's really nice :] I think I'll get it besides I'm not that much of a gamer so the whole speed thing isn't a big deal now that I think about it. As long as it doesn't lag, and yeah, I looked at xda and the everything there was just amazing for that phone. I think I'll be getting it and keep my Motion for testing and stuff unless a dev such as yourself wants it to help out the community more by doing more things with our new loki.
And It's nice to know you have your Motion back, hopefully you can continue working here with the rest of us and doing as good as work as you have already done :]

Upvote 0
Sorry guys, I know you guys hate these threads

Au Contrare'

I think it's one of the better thought provoking threads and got some good, informative posts to it.

Commer Zephyr and lemme put this Gold Useful Thread crown on you!
(Gimme a break, yeah I know it's just a spray painted Burger King crown. It's the thought that counts.)

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones