• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG Optimus M Memories

Kaiser17

Android Enthusiast
Sep 14, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I remember when I first got this phone 2 years ago.. I was 16 it was my first Android.. to me it was the best phone ever and I'd show it off to all of my friends.

It being my first Android I was completely amazed at what the phone could do, and I was always learning things about the phone, and soon found my way here on Android Forums which showed me completely different side to my phone and what I could do with it.. I soon thereafter rooted it, and then not to mention all those nice roms too choose from and the active community behind the phone.

Now when I check here, its a ghost town and all I have is memories of those good old days.

Reactions: sammyz
Yep, the OM and OM+ forums have been pretty quite as of late. I don't have either of my OM's any more, and am still using the OM+ as my primary phone. Although, I will be moving onto the LG Spirit 4G sometime in the next of weeks. Like you, the OM was my first Android (let alone smart phone). I got it at 41 though, rather then the 16 you were. :) I learned a lot also.

Upvote 0
Yep, the OM and OM+ forums have been pretty quite as of late. I don't have either of my OM's any more, and am still using the OM+ as my primary phone. Although, I will be moving onto the LG Spirit 4G sometime in the next of weeks. Like you, the OM was my first Android (let alone smart phone). I got it at 41 though, rather then the 16 you were. :) I learned a lot also.

Yea it's a great little device, I still have it, but I just use it as a MP3 player and for youtube so that I don't have to waste the battery of my Admire. I have a couple of Androids from MetroPCS but right now im using the Admire and looking forward to getting the Spirit or the LG Motion soon, most like the LG Motion though.

I still love my Optimus M, with Reppard's CM7 the Optimus has never failed me since the day I flashed the ROM which has been like 2 years.

Upvote 0
Ah yes the good ol optimus m. Like you it was my first and i felt like it was the best. Over clocking and keeping up with current phones was my favorite. I loved to show off how a cheap phone set up right could outperform more expensive phones. The excitement i felt when the 3g symbol first lit up cannot be put into words. And then adjusting the settings to exceed the speed limit imposed by metro pcs on 3g sealed my choice of keeping metro pcs over the other carriers that had faster internet speeds. Now that metro has 4g im glad i stayed with them.

Yes great memories, now i have lg motion but i still use my optimus m. I converted it into a house phone using google voice and groove ip over wi fi. I still use it while my motion charges as well. Thats the great thing about smart phones; in the old days once you got a new phone you trashed your old phone, now you can keep using them.

Reactions: alfick3
Upvote 0
Ah yes the good ol optimus m. Like you it was my first and i felt like it was the best. Over clocking and keeping up with current phones was my favorite. I loved to show off how a cheap phone set up right could outperform more expensive phones. The excitement i felt when the 3g symbol first lit up cannot be put into words. And then adjusting the settings to exceed the speed limit imposed by metro pcs on 3g sealed my choice of keeping metro pcs over the other carriers that had faster internet speeds. Now that metro has 4g im glad i stayed with them.

Yes great memories, now i have lg motion but i still use my optimus m. I converted it into a house phone using google voice and groove ip over wi fi. I still use it while my motion charges as well. Thats the great thing about smart phones; in the old days once you got a new phone you trashed your old phone, now you can keep using them.

Oh yea I remember that time where everyone manually updated their PRL's and were able to get 3G.. good times, like you I was pretty excited about that.

And I too still use mine, its a great ipod :p I save battery on my main phone and use the optimus when at home for music, YouTube and browsing the web. I spent too much money on all of phones to just stop using them.

Upvote 0
My bro had one and still does, but its ****** up. He recently got an admire 4g and let me keep his optimus, but its bad. The volume buttons don't work, so i can't use recovery. I wanna flash cm7 on this thing but i can't. :eek:

Download COTR, it has a touchscreen recovery :D

In reply to the thread:

I got my Optimus M when I was 16. It was a birthday present, and man am I glad my parents got me that instead of an iPhone...if they got me an iPhone, I wouldn't be here and im sure I would have never seen the greatness in Android.

I joined the forums because I got stuck in fastboot after trying to flash a ROM. :eek:

Look where I am now, making unbrick guides for phones I never even touched :D and I'm happily part of staff. Who knew buying a phone would make such a difference?

:idea: now I know what to write for my cause and effect paper :D

Upvote 0
Oh it does detect it, but i can't adb shell.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Z9Y0YR0.png
    Z9Y0YR0.png
    45.9 KB · Views: 107
Upvote 0
I got it at 14 and I am not 17 and still have it. The specs on it were so low yet it can still do so much. It was a very underrated phone. The equivelant of the little engine that could.
Yep, still got mine.. has so much life left in it. I use it as a MP3 player and for youtube so that I can save battery life on my main Android.

This was my first Android so im never selling it. Let my mom use it for a year as well until she decided to upgrade.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones