• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG Optimus Net (LG L45C) Wifi Tether Issue

Recently a relative of mine bought a Net 10 LG Optimus Net also known as a LG L45C. I rooted the phone, have it setup nicely and running better than they could have imagined, except for one issue.

I cannot get the wifi tether to work. I have used several setting configurations, such as the WLAN 1 and 0, LG optimus S (the only that at least works in terms of showing up on PC or other device).

Now, I have read that for Optimus F3, you can download Jtether or portable hotspot tether and use it in conjuction with wifi there that you can get from the google download page. Will this work on this device? I am a bit baffled why there is no WiFi tethering documentation for this phone. Is this not possible for this phone? The Wifi tether app itself cannot be configured to work, as every setting I tried just wouldn't work. Unless I am missing something, which is completely possible. Any help or direction would be great! Thank you.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones