• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG Optimus One vs Samsung Galaxy Fit vs Ace

ZingXao

Mar 11, 2011
I have an Optimus One and it pisses me off so much. All it does it restart all the time, locks up, the SD card becomes unmounted, texts don't come through, so I miss important stuff.

So, even though I'll lose money because I'm on pay as you go, am thinking of getting a different phone. I've been looking at the Galaxy's since everybody rates them.

My mum has the S and my Dad just got rid of his Optimus GT540 and got an Ace.

I think it's time for me to join the Galaxy clan... what one should I get? Either on par with, or slightly better than the Optimus One. I listed the Fit and Ace... but am willing to look at the Mini and whatever other ones are there.

Not the Apollo though. I had one of them and had screen problems.

Thanks.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I'm not exactly made of money, so I'd have to trade in my Optimus One, and hopefully Dad's Optimus and then add a bit more to it... so I can't afford an S, or an S2 or anything.

I have an Optimus One and it pisses me off so much. All it does it restart all the time, locks up, the SD card becomes unmounted, texts don't come through, so I miss important stuff.

So, even though I'll lose money because I'm on pay as you go, am thinking of getting a different phone. I've been looking at the Galaxy's since everybody rates them.

My mum has the S and my Dad just got rid of his Optimus GT540 and got an Ace.

I think it's time for me to join the Galaxy clan... what one should I get? Either on par with, or slightly better than the Optimus One. I listed the Fit and Ace... but am willing to look at the Mini and whatever other ones are there.

Not the Apollo though. I had one of them and had screen problems.

Thanks.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I'm not exactly made of money, so I'd have to trade in my Optimus One, and hopefully Dad's Optimus and then add a bit more to it... so I can't afford an S, or an S2 or anything.

Well instead go for an upgrade
Processor wise Ace=mini=fit=optimus one
All are V6 VFP processor based

If you can somehow afford Ace
then you better go for

Huwaei Ideos X6
Huwaei Ideos X5
Motorola Defy
Sony Ericsson mini pro2

These are V7 processor based phones and will provide you longer software support plus adobe flash and AIR

For Galaxy lineup ,go for mini .It's cheaper,native gingerbread ,has the same processor instruction set as of ace.
Ace has nicer screen though

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones