• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lg Optimus P500 Wifi issues ( obtaining IP address)

laim

Lurker
Jan 16, 2012
Hi i recently bought P500 ( 2.2 froyo ) and im unable to connect to the open wifi at my work place it shows excellent signal however it gets stuck at Obtaining ip address i have tried other wifi connections and some work ( or get connected ).

I desperately need this open wifi at workplace to work, Any help in this regard would be much appreciated

It may be a known bug: when you connect to a certain wifi, the phone is assigned an IP. Then the other times you try to connect to that same wifi the phone tries to get the same IP it had the first time and, if it doesn't succeed, it gets stuck at 'Obtaining IP address'.

If it's a home/personal wifi, try to disconnect all other devices, reset the router then connect the phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones