• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help LG Optimus Pay By The Minute?

a smartphone without a data plan is like a tank without a gun

sure you can drive around with it but you can't blow shit up
LOL

I got a V and I haven't activated it yet, had it for almost 2 weeks. Just playing around with it till my other plan expeires. Been having fun switching Roms and trying things out, but I still have another android device that is active at the moment, and I dont expect to get some pay by the minute plan as there just not available for droids. The $35 plan for me is just about perfect, unlimited Data and enough miutes to get me through the month.

Upvote 0
I too would like to use the V on the Paylo plan, but I know you can't. I've had it a year, rooted, $25 grandfathered, just super phone... but text is just way too small for me (getting old)... especially since I bought a Galaxy Player 5.0. I'll probably buy a Mantra... or just a Truconnect mifi.

My question is what to do with old phones, like can a grandfathered plan be "sold" (without all my account info transferring)? IMO it's worth a lot more rooted with all my cool stuff on it. Can it stay rooted if I swap the card back to the original 2gb card? I may just keep it for wifi use for a grandchild.... much better eyes!

Upvote 0
I do not think you are allowed to sell the account, however that doesn't stop people from doing so. I am not sure if you can change all of the account info or not, most companies require you to do this over the phone now so they can verify things with you before it is changed (in case the account was hacked) and probably will not allow you to change the name totally.

This is why I made my AT&T account under a false name (and the woman at the store created the account using the store's address instead of my own). I wish I had done this with my VMU accounts.

The phone will stay rooted with the original 2gb card, as the root is on the mobile not the card.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones