• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help LG Optimus S - 2.3?flashplayer? overclock?

pb5525

Lurker
Jun 6, 2011
I bought my LG Optimus S about a month or two ago, did not know a thing about android. Since then I have rooted my phone and learned enough to know that gingerbread wont happen soon, if ever. I am very adept in windows 7 and earlier. I need to know if someone has : loaded a working version of 2.3?(on LG Optimus S) ,will it run flash player 10.2?(I was told that 2.2 would!). My cpu speed is 600mhz I have seen some LG Optimus S that had over clocked to 824mhz, what is it a trade secret? I downed "set cpu, superuser, rom manager, etc,..." cant get it to go faster than 600mhz,

Flash player will NEVER happen for this phone as the processor is not compatible. flash player requires an arm7 processor or higher and the optimus is arm6 or something like that but check in to it, flash is impossible for this phone. Sorry you were misled. as for 2.3i is possible. since you are already rooted you need to flash a rom called cyanogenmod 7. its a 2.3. port and there is a version for the optimus s. Lastly overclocking is definately possible. set cpu should work for you. when you go into ot does it say "set cpu has been granted superuser permissions" thats how you know it has root access which it needs to control your cpu. Do you have a custom recovery because rooting is only step 1 of 3. You need to root, install a recovery and flash a custom rom. go over to forum.androidcentral.com and i can promise youll find the help you want and need.
Heres the link for zefies cyanogenmod 7 2.3. Port:
Index of /zefie/files/cell/LGLS670/roms/custom/archive/Xionia/CM7 - Persona Files
now if you want wireless hotspot download 04192011. But this file will be useless to you until you install a recovery so you neex to look at this page first
The Scott Pilgrim ROM (CM7 Gingerbread, Zefie Edition) (Current: 04282011) - Android Forums

Upvote 0
One last thing i forgot: GET RID OF "ROM MANAGER". IT WILL, I REPEAT, IT WILL BRICK YOUR OPTIMUS S. rom manager is not compatible with this device. use it to flash a rom and i promise you will regret it. you need a custon recovery. i recomend xionia's but youll learn more about that at the links i listed. youll also see more about not using tom manager. like i said overclocking is definately possible. i use the rom i recomended to you and you can overclock using that or set cpu. im at 729 right now

Upvote 0
One last thing i forgot: GET RID OF "ROM MANAGER". IT WILL, I REPEAT, IT WILL BRICK YOUR OPTIMUS S. rom manager is not compatible with this device. use it to flash a rom and i promise you will regret it. you need a custon recovery. i recomend xionia's but youll learn more about that at the links i listed. youll also see more about not using tom manager. like i said overclocking is definately possible. i use the rom i recomended to you and you can overclock using that or set cpu. im at 729 right now

Dizzle - Thanks for the ROM Mgr tip, its now removed from my phone! I am rooted, custom recovery, and running 2.3. Have you noticed any adverse effects from running 800mhz +?
Best,
R.

Upvote 0
I noticed the device gets hottter and battery drains faster but I mostly stay at 729 or 748mhz. But that's the great thing about "set CPU" there's a post on forum.androidcentral.com posted by KSmithInNY that tells you how to set CPU profiles. When my phone is idle, it underclocks, when its charging it underclocks, when the temp gets above 109 degrees it goes down also when I'm under 60% battery. It helps manage battery. I just don't go up to 800 b/c my device runs without lag even at 600. Every device is different. If you're gonna stay at 800 I'd use set CPU to manage your temp friend.

Upvote 0
Also you're welcome on the rom manager tip. It wasn't me who realized it though. I'm just sharing what I've learned. There's a post (once again on forum.androidcentral.com) posted by jondevere about it. He's actually the Guy who rooted me. Check it out

[BRICK WARNING] - Do NOT use Rom Manager on the Optimus S - Android Forums

I really go to that site because its the most helpful. You got 80+ people who looked at this post but only a few helped. That's not how it is over there. I come here to offer what help I can

Upvote 0
The Scott Pilgrim ROM is great, but the project seems to have ended. Here is a newer, active port of CM7 and Android 2.3.4 to the Optimus S.

[ROM][WIP] Unofficial CM7 (Gingerbread) - 7/15/2011 - Android Forums

I only discovered it less than a week ago, but I am absolutely in love with it.

That rom isn't new to me, I've known about it since the day it was created. Scott Pilgrim is a dead rom but everything works. That's why I use it. The rom you mention has a bug with mms not working. Until that's fixed I'm cool. Say what you want about s.p. but I'm sure there's nothing that rom can do that s.p. can't. Except Bluetooth but it doesn't work on Ath3nos rom either. And Bluetooth is so 5 years ago

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones