1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support LG Optimus S stuck on 'android' loading screen. Any way I can save my pics and vids?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ericah1113, Jan 1, 2012.

1. ericah1113

ericah1113 Lurker
    None

Jan 1, 2012
    I know that this has been happening to quite a few people, but everyone seems okay with doing a factory reset and that seems to help them.
    I really don't want to lose my pics and videos, though. Is there any way I can save them before I bring the phone in to get it fixed/replaced? I tried plugging it into my computer and I installed the driver it told me to, but it still couldn't recognize the device and I couldn't get into the files.

Advertisement

2. Cbass15

Cbass15 Newbie
    None

Dec 28, 2011
    They should already be on your SD card.

3. Alvis

Alvis Lurker
    None

Mar 1, 2011
    Dishwasher @ Ponderosa
    Ohio
    You wont lose your pics and videos, they are on your SDCARD which doesnt get wiped, youll only lose your apps and your google sync and your contacts.

4. androidmantis

androidmantis Lurker
    None

i was on the internet and my phones wifi gives out. so i try to use wifi changer app. it *****es out.then i go to settings to do it. it *****es out. i pull battery.i turn it back on its stuck in boot mode. i freak out. im like ok i got lookout premium its cool. i reset my phone and back up. i turn it off and back on. still stuck in boot mode. i dont feel like paying another $150.00 plus the $30.00 i spent on the antivirus again. please help me i beg you. ive tried hookiing it up to my pc and it wont recognize it. all it does is show the noisy sprint thingy and android flashes,crashes,and starts agian until it crashes again.:(:(:(im about to take a bat to somthing:mad::(:(:(:mad::(:(:mad:smash!:eek:
    its a lg optimus s running 2.3.3 gingerbread
    please someone help i will pay up to $50 if that is necessary. just please please please help me fix my phone.
    ive tried almost everything. the hard reset didnt work or anything. i dont think my provider will replace my phone for they were supposed to call hours ago. i dont want to have another bricked android device. first a tablet now a smartphone. i swear to god if this phone dosent get fixed im sayin forget android and i AM going to buy an iphone and laugh at all the fools whos phone IS going to break hahahahaha. it has happened to me enough. if my phone dosent get fixed by the end of this week i am buying a iphone and will make a video of a android burning and me smashing this lg with a bat and make everyone watch it. this os is driving me nuts! android completely sucks if this cant be fixed.

5. RhythmDave

RhythmDave Newbie
    None

Dec 23, 2011
    IT Field Service
    TN
    Androidmantis, it sounds like you need a Valium. Chill and do a little reading. Patience is a virtue.
    Nothing wrong with Android. In my book it's much better than the Cryphone crap.
    Open source, based on linux, many resources available and MANY devs working hard to make the Android experience much better.
    One of two things you can do:
    Go here and download the STOCK ROM for the device:
    [ROM] Community_Build - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
    Make sure to read as much info here as you can on recovering your ROM.
    http://androidforums.com/optimus-s-...us-s-rooting-roms-themes-unbrick-methods.html
    Read everything you can from the link above and you will be able to restore your phone back to stock using your stock recovery and the STOCK ROM image. I would almost be willing to bet that this would make your phone usable again. You'll have to reinstall your apps if you don't have a backup or restore them from a backup if you do. If you have your google account synced, then you will still have all your contacts, etc. Don't be so quick to flame the Android until you take the time to find out what it REALLY can do.

Read everything on the second link above and learn about rooting, custom recoveries and ROMS. There are several custom recoveries for your phone. Xionia, Clockworkmod, etc. I have one and I'm running the Xionia custom recovery with the Hydro ROM and it works GREAT. As for as ROMS for the 2.3.3 Android release, there's gROM, OptimROM, YourMomRom, and Hydro. I've tried them all and they all work great. Bottom line is you have to find one that you like best.
    Bottom line is read and learn before you flame and throw a fit. The devs here spend COUNTLESS hours working on the ROMS and mods for the Android phones so we all can have a much better experience with our phones. They don't do it for the money, they do it for us. They gladly accept donations from those of us who recognize the time and effort they put into their work but they don't expect it. At the very least, send them a "thanks" for their time.
    Your pics and vids are on your SD card so YOU WILL NOT LOSE THEM.
    Try it, you might just like it.

Good Luck.

Edit 1:
    Oh, by the way, if you know anything at all about computers, then you can use a card reader to get your pics and vids off the card from the phone.
    If your PC has a built in SD card reader, remove the card from the phone, put it in the adapter that came with it (if you don't have one, then someone you know will more than likely have one, borrow it). Put it into the card reader and copy the pics and vids to your computer.
    If your PC doesn't have one, buy one. You can find them for $10 or less if you look around.
    Again, remove the card from the phone, insert it into the adapter (see above), insert it into the card reader, plug the card reader into the usb port on your PC, let the PC install the drivers and VOILA, there's your pics and vids to copy to your PC.

You'll find that there are MANY people here willing to help you if you ask. Once you start flaming and whining, those same people won't be as apt to help. This is my attempt to show you just that. Next flame, I might not be so nice. All the Android forums out there have many knowledgeable people who are more than willing to help. Learn to ask the right way and you'll find that out for yourself.

Hope this helps and Good Luck.

Oh, and if you can't read the card in Windows, try this:
    http://www.diskinternals.com/linux-reader/
    If you have linux, you're golden.
    Patience sir, is a virtue. Take the time to learn something new every day. You'll be all the more wiser for it.

6. RhythmDave

RhythmDave Newbie
    None

Dec 23, 2011
    IT Field Service
    TN
    Oops, sorry Erica
    Forgot to differentiate between OP and the flamer. Sorry for that.
    Read the part about the SD card on and you should be able to get your pics and vids.
    Just ignore the parts about flaming, they were not intended for you. Again, sorry.
    Hope you get what you need.

As far as it being stuck on android screen, read entire post and again ignore parts about flaming...hehe. It might help you get the phone back in working condition.