• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help LG Optimus S .. stuck on "Android" loading screen

JVL492

Lurker
Dec 24, 2011
Okay.. I was on youtube watching videos then all of a sudden it freezes. So i did the " take the battery out & put it back on" trick. I pressed the power button & it turns on. Everything is fine until I'm at the "Android" loading screen. It just lights up for about 30 secs. Then it freezes & starts to repeat.

How do i reset it? Because i can't get access to my phone at all...

Please any tip/help would do

This will get you to the android recovery screen. Pull the battery to cut power. Replace the battery.
The Key combo to boot into recovery from powered off is Volume Down + Home + Power. Release the keys when you see the LG splash screen.

Give it time to boot to recovery.
Use volume up/down to move up or down.
Move up/down to "Factory reset" and press the menu key to select it. After it's done use the volume control and move to "reboot system". Press the menu key to select.

The phone should restart like the day you got it. You'll have to re-enter your google email addy again is all.

Happy holidays :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones