1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root LG Optimus sticky buttons non persistant

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by davidtek, Jan 7, 2012.

1. davidtek

davidtek Lurker
    None

Jan 7, 2012
    Hello,

I am running a LG Optimus One.

Model Number : LG-P500h
    Android Version : 2.2.1
    Kernel version : 2.6.32.9
    Build Number : FRG83
    Software version : LG-P500h-V10s
    Rooted : Yes
    Network : Telus ( Canada )

I want to change the buttons in the sticky launcher ( can anyone tell me the proper name for this ? )

In this screen shot I found on google, you can see the launcher I am talking about, it has, in this screenshot, a Blue phone icon, a white contact icon, a green chat icon and a blue browser icon. ( Not that it matters, but the contact icon on my phone is a bit different ).

I want to replace the phone icon with a speed dial for home, contacts with the default calendar app, the chat icon with k9-mail, and the browser icon with the navigation app( default one )

I managed to do this using a long tap and dragging the icon to the bottom of the screen ( the sticky disapears and is replaced with a garbage can, but I can still replace the icons ).

So the icons/actions are replaced, I'm happy. Trouble is, as soon as I reboot my phone, the default icons/actions are back.

So my question is, how can I make this change persistant even after reboots ?

I am comfortable with a linux shell ( preference bash ), although the keyboard on my phone is pretty crappy, so it would be nice to avoid using a shell directly on the phone.

Any ideas, suggestions, or pointers as to where I should look would be appreciated.

Thanks,

David

Attached Files:

Advertisement

2. AngelArs

AngelArs Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 24, 2011
    vB code analysis, Android / iOS Developer, CEO My
    This should have been posted in the Optimus section, but a mod can move it there for you :)

I have basically the same phone as you and I had to get a new launcher to keep the icons there. I'm using the ICS launcher but others should work just as well. Once you move something somewhere it should not change.