• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root LG Optimus Ultimate - Tips and Tricks

To Whomever:

Thanks very much for creating this forum. Maybe I can fill it up with tips and tricks for this model phone, since there doesn't seem to be anything available as of 4.4.13.

Received mine from Straighttalk yesterday - free 3 day FedEx shipping and received it a day earlier than promised. Very nice and classy phone. Attractive style with squared corners, 4.3 inch screen, gorilla-glass screen and loaded with lots of useful apps, 2.5 gigs of storage, and 1.0 processor. Runs on AT&T Towers. Good signal in boondocks, where I live :) Mine seems to be already unlocked. At least I think so. I tried to enter unlock codes and it gives response "Your Phone is Not Personalized", which I have read means it isn't sim locked.

Retails at Straighttalk.com for $249.99.

Have sent several questions by email to Straighttalk technical support and Lg technical support - let's see if either of them can be honest and answer some "how to" questions.

Description and details here: Choose Your Phone

The LG OPtimus Ultimate (L96G) was released 4th quarter of 2012, and is available on contract with AT&T, and no contract with Straighttalk.

I like!

ChowBoy

I tried to get both ST and LG to come off some "secret" info, but didn't get anywhere.

I wanted to know how to go into the factory recovery mode. (Both told me to hold the VOL DOWN and POWER keys simultaneously; release POWER key when LG logo screen appears; immediately press the MENU key and hold until you see the setup android robot; then it takes you factory reset mode: which is the same thing as turning phone on and pressing Menu-> System Settings -> Backup and Reset -> Factory data reset. Even LG tech support told me that. But he also told me that it was such a new phone they don't even have it in their database yet. (4-07-13). It would be great to have a programmer get interested in this phone model and make us a CWM for it, huh?

Reactions: RHADbud
Upvote 0
And I dared to ask both St and LG could they tell me how to "root" my phone. Aside from the long, cold silence they both said "no, we are not authorized to do that - besides, it will void your warranty." Scratch #3.

So, unlesss someone is way smarter than me and figures a way to do these things, I guess I'll have to live with this phone like it is. Wouldn't be devastating, but pretty close!

Upvote 0
This phone is easily rooted by using srsRoot for andriod. One click root. I have done it many times with this phone. I have also found the hidden, lg menu, and hidden verizon menu apps in this phone, but have been unsuccessful in opening them. I believe that straight talk has the dial-er codes disabled, and I haven't found a way to enable them. After searching for months, the only thing I have accomplished with this phone is rooting. I haven't even been able to retrieve any usb unlock codes from any companies online. The ones that have this phone listed, always refund my money and say, "we cant find an unlock code for lgl86c" I even tried using identical models like....
LG Venice LG730
Optimus L7 p700
LG Splendor US730
Optimus ultimate L96G st
optimus Extreme
All from different service providers, and still came up empty. Even the spc is almost impossible to get, but I somehow managed to get the 6 digit spc, but its not good without the 16 digit usb password. If anyone who ownes this exact model has found any solutions, please let us know.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones