1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root lg optimus v 2.2.1 stuck in recovery mode

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nickmahuta, Apr 27, 2012.

1. nickmahuta

nickmahuta Lurker
    None

Apr 27, 2012
    i was going to add a custom rom to it but then decided not to and not thinking i clicked update in my about phone settings and next thing i knew my phone rebooted and bam here i am now.
    i did try to recover my stock rom but no luck.
    i have clockworkmod recovery v3.2.0.1
    oh and also everytime i try and do a recovery or a install zip from sdcard i get errors ((android_secure.img not found. skipping restore of /sdcard/.android_secure." then it lists sd-ext.img not found skipping restore))

Advertisement

2. benslgdroid

benslgdroid rockstar
    None

May 18, 2011
    Male
    production assistant (pa), graphic artist
    Magrathea
  3. nickmahuta

nickmahuta Lurker
    None

Apr 27, 2012

i keep trying but it seems like nothing is working.
    keep trying to install different roms and the stock rom but when it says its done installing i reboot and nothing. i just seem to be stuck no matter what in clockwork recovery mode.

4. benslgdroid

benslgdroid rockstar
    None

May 18, 2011
    Male
    Magrathea
    It's not a rom its virgin mobiles official update. You will just have to root again with the instructions.

5. nickmahuta

nickmahuta Lurker
    None

Apr 27, 2012
    i had a custom rom that i was gonna put on it but i never did and i left it on there.
    then not thinking i click update on my phone so when it went to update it tried to install the custom rom that turned out to not work on my phone and got me stuck in the clockwork recovery mod.
    ive tried the like you gave me 2 times now and its not working.
    any other ideas?

6. benslgdroid

benslgdroid rockstar
    None

May 18, 2011
    Male
    Magrathea
    Are you doing a full wipe before installing the rom

7. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus
    None

May 13, 2011
    Laborer (all the dirty nasty work nobody else want
    Florida
    A full wipe means to select these options: wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition, wipe dalvik cache (found in the advanced section); then go to the mount's and storage section and select format boot, data, cache, and system.
    If that still doesn't work turn phone off and take out the sd card and put it into the PC. You will need to download the Xionia recovery version 1.2518.4 in the .zip form instead of the .img form on to your sd card. Make sure it's on the root of the sd card, not in any folder. Put sd card back into the phone and Get into your recovery menu. Go to the "install zip from sd card option and choose the Xionia recovery.zip. After install go to the Advanced section and choose the "boot into recovery" option. This should boot into the xionia recovery. Go to the Advanced section and choose the "fix recovery loop" option.
    Do a complete wipe and install the ROM (and gapps if a Gingerbread ROM).
    Note: If it's a gingerbread ROM you will need to completely wipe 3 times before installing when using the Xionia recovery. Once you have the ROM installed and rebooted several times you can then install the VM670NH_recovery.img though a terminal emilator on the phone. This is the best recovery for the Gingerbread ROM's at this time, but the Green recovery will be better shortly, just as soon as the dev. gets finished fixing little bugs and improving even more on the recovery concept.

8. optimus420

optimus420 Lurker
    None

Mar 3, 2013
    Ok look my optimus v was rooted and had no special rom on it from what i know. I decided to factory reset to make it a bit better and me thinking it was going to go back to normal I did it thru the settings. Now it just wont get off Android system Recovery! I dont know what to do. Can someone help me please!? I tried flashing Harmonia 2.0.9 and it completes supposedly but then I reboot it as it tells me to and it just goes back to system recovery! HELP!

9. badblue1

badblue1 * TRUCKS ARE BEAUTIFUL *
    None

Nov 18, 2011
    Male
    truck driver
    ~ the "burgh" ~
  10. Thewraith420

Thewraith420 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 7, 2012
    Download the cot universal installer, flash via whatever recovery you tried to flash harmonia with, reboot recovery and find the fix recovery loop option

11. Thewraith420

None

Jan 7, 2012
  12. AndyOpie150

None

May 13, 2011
    Florida
    The best thing to do, considering your stuck in the stock recovery is this:
    Go to the All Things Root Guide sticky at the top of the forum. Go to Guides section. Read the guide on how to flash the ZV9 update. This will straighten out everything and put everything back to stock.

Then Root with the either the Root tool provided or read further down in the thread.
    I left a link to another root tool that should work as well. It will put the BobZohme Modified ClockworkMod recovery (VM670NH_revovery.img) on the phone.

Then make a backup of the stock ROM with the recovery.

Download and install a Gingerbread ROM and Gapps. (They do not have the factory reset option in the settings menu).

Note: It is OK to use the "wipe data/factory reset" option in the recovery.

After done with all that either install the Cannibal Open Touch recovery (COT), or the ZenGarden recovery. The Zengarden will allow you to use QtADB, and ROM Manager (I use it to name backups before making the backup, make automatic pre-determined backups, delete, rename, and restore). The COT will not.

The Zengarden wil allow you to restore any backup made from a different recovery. The COT will not.

13. Thewraith420

None

Jan 7, 2012
    I was going off the assumption that if he tried to flash harmonia and it supposedly completed then he's got a working custom recovery and just can't get out of it

14. AndyOpie150

None

May 13, 2011
    Florida
    Ok look my optimus v was rooted and had no special rom on it from what i know. I decided to factory reset to make it a bit better and me thinking it was going to go back to normal I did it thru the settings. Now it just wont get off Android system Recovery![/COLOR=RED] I dont know what to do. Can someone help me please!? I tried flashing Harmonia 2.0.9 and it completes supposedly but then I reboot it as it tells me to and it just goes back to system recovery! HELP!

This is what I was going by.

Tags: