• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help LG Optimus V bs Samsung Intercept

I've owned both and, in fact, I still own both. I bought the Intercept first and struggled with it for 6 months before finding a super good deal on a used OV. The difference between the OV and the Intercept is like night and day. The day that I activated the OV, the Intercept went into my bottom desk drawer and will probably remain there forever.

Yes, you can use Swype on the Intercept. All you have to do is install it. In fact, once I first discovered Swype, and got used to it, I never used the Intercepts physical keyboard again.

I still have the Intercept because I would consider it dishonest to attempt to sell it to someone else without fully disclosing all of the phones short comings and I simply don't have that much time.

Upvote 0
I started my Virgin service with the Intercept. All in all, I really liked the phone. Yea it was buggy, had to yank the battery more and more the further I got into its life. But up until I dropped it and cracked the screen, I was even THINKING about replacing it. I love the physical keyboard.

Now that I have replaced it with the V, the V is by far the better choice. Like most have said, if you think you cant live without phyisical keys, go with the V.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones