1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support LG Optimus V crashes after root and overclocking

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by megakillerdude, May 25, 2011.

1. megakillerdude

None

May 25, 2011
    so i got my phone rooted and installed a custom rom. i followed these steps found here.
    http://androidforums.com/optimus-v-all-things-root/277500-optimus-v-gaming-overclock.html

everything went great. rooted fine and also installed the rom fine. but i installed a different app instead of the SETCPU app. even then, phone overclocked fine with the other app. i think its called cpu boost. well, i set my cpu to 800mhz and it worked fine, phone boots up fine and everything works great. so i enabled the feature to set settings everytime the phone boots ups on the overclock app. well i was messing with the app and i set it to 860mhz and the phone crashed. now every time the phone boots it crashes and cant even go into anything because of it. i start logging in and it crashes and reboots again. does anybody have any ideas on how i can fix this?
    ..thanks

Advertisement

2. Skratte

Skratte Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 24, 2010
    Male
    VA
    Did you create a NAND backup? If so, restore and move on.
    Sounds like a bad design flaw in the app to me. I use SetCPU, and if you overclock and reboot, it will revert to a speed the phone can handle.

3. untalented893

untalented893 Member
    None

Dec 16, 2010
    Is the app on the SD card? You can try booting the phone without the SD card in

4. megakillerdude

None

May 25, 2011
    i didnt do a nand backup. and the app is not installed on the sd card. i already tried removing the sd card and also tried reinstalling the same ROM.
    still the same problem.

is there a way to go into the phone and delete the files to the program? or disable superuser through recovery mode or something else?
    ...thanks for the help

5. cutterjohn

cutterjohn Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 29, 2011
    Probably easiest to revert to stock and then start all over again...

Just remember to make a nandroid backup as soon as you install a custom recovery, and I also do it BEFORE every new ROM AND as soon as I have the new ROM installed and stable so that I have two points to fall back to if (a) the new fw is borked, or (b) something goes wrong after using it a while. I also like to make periodic backups between making major app changes just in case the new apps don't work out.

OCing: max I recall seeing "stable" at xda was a guy whose was OK @ 806MHz, seems like most people max out around 767MHz or so... also to test your OC, run some CPU/system intensive apps, e.g. bunch of linpacks, quadrant, neocore, etc. as many times systems will seem "stable" OCed at light workloads but eventually fail, stressing the system will just turn up instability @ OC speed X sooner if there is any...

6. JerryScript

JerryScript Android Expert
    None

Mar 15, 2011
    Las Vegas
Tags: