1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support LG Optimus V Memory Expansion?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by krista123, Mar 28, 2011.

1. krista123

krista123 Lurker
    None

Mar 28, 2011
    Arizona
    hey, everybody:) im a first time android user here with a couple of questions about my new phone...
    how can i install more internal memory on my phone? virgin mobile already downloaded a bunch of apps im not even going to use and its hogging most of my phones memory, so i dont have enough space to store all the apps i want:mad: I have a memory card, is there any way i can just make all the apps automatically download to the card?
    what about tethering and rooting? can they help? whats their purpose? is there just an app i can download to do what i need? is it easy to install? i also dont want anything having a chance of skrewing up my phone. i worked waaayyy to hard to find one...sorry, if i dont sound very "techi" this is all kinda new to me and its all very confusing:thinking: just be patient with me guys:p
    thanks, all tips and info highly appreciated:D

Advertisement

2. horseflesh

horseflesh Member
    None

Mar 18, 2011
    You can't install more internal memory but you can get a bigger micro SD card. Use App2SD to move apps to the SD card. Note that not all apps can be moved to the SD card, stuff that runs at boot time like widgets must remain in internal memory.

Tethering lets you use the phone to provide an internet connection to a computer. It could be useful to you if you have a laptop while out traveling.

Rooting means giving yourself superuser access to the phone. It is not necessary but there are some apps which require root privileges. For example, some backup programs and ad blockers need the phone to be rooted. Rooting is something you must do by connecting the phone to your computer and running other programs. Don't worry about doing this for now. It is not hard but no need to do it til you get some experience and maybe not even then.

Good luck!

Tags: