1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General lg optimus V phone calls go right to VM

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jav19, Jan 5, 2012.

1. jav19

jav19 Lurker
    None

Jan 5, 2012
    i just got my phone a week ago and haven't heard it "ring" once...every time someone calls it goes right to VM. I'm totally not a tech person, so any help is basic terms would be really welcome :)

Advertisement

2. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female
    None

Jun 13, 2011
    Female
    Annoying my X-Husband
    Hanover Park, IL
    The person(s) who are calling you, are they in your contact list? If so, tap on their name in the contacts list and then click on the physical Menu key on your phone. Then tap on Options. Make sure the box is not ticked for "Send calls directly to voicemail".

If this setting is not selected for any of the contacts you have that are calling you, you might need to call Virgin Mobile and speak to tech support. I cannot think of anything else that would cause this, unless you have some type of app installed that would be doing it.

3. jav19

jav19 Lurker
    None

Jan 5, 2012
    thank you! I did try that and it didn't work. I called the Virgin Mobile tech support (by finding an escalation number from another post so i could actually get to someone!) and they were able to solve the problem!

4. melim

melim Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 15, 2011
    What was the problem and how did they solve it? This info could help someone else out in the future.

hiwatt likes this.
Tags: