1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

LG Optimus V phone, media question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gordong11, Feb 17, 2011.

1. gordong11

gordong11 Lurker

Hi all, new here, great site!!

I just got an LG Optimus V, running andriod 2.2, and I love it. It only came with a 2GB micro-SD card though, and I like to download/watch videos on it.

I want to upgrade the micro-SD card to 8GB or 16GB, but I'm unsure which to buy....

Will a Micro-SDHC work with the phone? and is it better than a Micro-SD card? and should I get the highest class(2,4,6 or 10) possible? will the higher class make a difference in playing videos? the user manual says nothing about the type of card to use if replacing.

I noticed SDHC cards come in class 6 and 10, so I'm guessing they are a better performing card than a standard Micro-SD.

Thanks for the advice

Gord

Added: btw i love this phone, Android is awesome!! its my first Android device. For $140 and $25/month(no contract from Virgin, unlimited data,txt,nav w/300 anytime mins), this phone is the bargain of the century. Has wifi, 3G, and nav too.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Any.

SDHC cards are just higher capacity.

I would. The higher the class the faster it will be.

higher bitrate videos, yes.

jdjamm likes this.
  3. TVCCS

TVCCS Android Enthusiast

For the record, the camcorder app records video at 2000kbps, and the phone is shipped with a Class 2 card, so it has to be able to handle that. I have a Class 10 Wintec 16GB Micro SDHC card and for playing back videos recorded at 512kbps video and 64kbps audio and I see no appreciable difference in the playback of the Class 2 vs. the Class 10, and I have been running tests since the day I got the phone.

The only difference I see is when I transfer files to the card, the Class 10 card can be written to faster. The differences are minimal enough to me that I ordered a 32GB Class 2 Sandisk card to replace my 16 when I wanted more capacity.

I have a Palm Treo 700p that needs a Class 4 card to get full video playback performance with H264 MP4 video files, but I haven't found the same to be true with the Optimus V....to my surprise.

4. atraum

atraum Member

LG Optimus V Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews