• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help LG Optimus V won't receive some incoming calls, caller hears busy signal

hoodaddy

Lurker
Dec 5, 2011
I have an LG Optimus V (Virgin Mobile) and it will routinely not respond to incoming calls. Instead, the caller hears a busy signal. They are not able to leave a voicemail. This does not happen all the time, or to specific individuals (as far as I can tell). Has this problem happened to anyone else?

Before you do as brotherswing mentioned try taking out the battery, then holding the power button down for 30sec. Then reinstall battery and power up.
If this doesn't fix the problem (and your not rooted) try going to the privacy menu and doing a factory reset.
If this doesn't fix the problem then you might want to take brotherswing's advice.

Upvote 0
I've never really understood how it work on so many things, it just does. It like cutting a heifers tail in a particular spot to cause it to bleed a little when it's eaten a poisonous weed and is on deaths door. 15 min latter it's up on all fours and tracking straight. A veterinary couldn't even tell you how it works(or even believe that it does).
If kind of the same thing here. I've seen it work on such a diversity of problems, but don't get me to lying as to how it works. It's just a good last ditch, don't know what to do option.

Upvote 0
What exactly does taking out the battery do?
What does it reset?
How does the power button being pushed down do anything when the battery is not in the phone?
Why is this always handed out as a fix-all?

The phone can be somewhat reset by taking out the battery.
The power button powers the phone on draining any capacitors that have strored a charge after power removed from phone.
The last one can't say.

Lee

Reactions: Petrah
Upvote 0
I have an LG Optimus V (Virgin Mobile) and it will routinely not respond to incoming calls. Instead, the caller hears a busy signal. They are not able to leave a voicemail. This does not happen all the time, or to specific individuals (as far as I can tell). Has this problem happened to anyone else?

I have LG phone from Virgin Mobile. I purchased in Oct 2011. And I have same issue ever since. There is no problem to receiving the call, text and email, but whoever call me always get busy signal especially from cell phone.. I called virgin mobile tech and tried to solve this problem since then, It has been 6 month and I still have same problem. Some times they said it is phone problem and other times they said it is net work problem. Anyway, I am looking for different cell phone carrier.

Upvote 0
every notice on those TV commercials, people offering free txt or calls to any network??

cause sometimes they limit who you can talk to on those crazy contract plans, like a grudge match, id find out what servie or kind of plan those having trouble have. Its probably their own fault for a f'ed up contract plan the cute girl in the mall talked them into with goofy limitation in fine print, they probably gotta pay $1 extra to call any network.

Upvote 0
I have the precise same issue, except with a LG Optimus Chat and with Koodo mobile; I can send and receive SMS just fine, and call other, but when I receive a call, the phone ring for 1/2 a second and then cuts the line, while the other person hears a "busy" tone. When I tried to ask Koodo for their help, they basically tried to make me believe it was a hardware issue (i.e. my fault, thus not covered by warranty) and make me pay the whole thing to get a new phone. Considering every other aspect of the phone is working just fine, I refuse to believe my phone is genuinely broken (especially not "by my fault"). Funnily enough, I also got my phone in October 2011, but the problem only started occurring in March 2012.

Anyone got any luck getting this issue fixed and/or not having to pay for what really looks like a software issue?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones