• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG Optimus VM Pricing Via Radio Shack - $149

TVCCS

Android Enthusiast
Jan 19, 2011
Here's what my local Radio Shack store manager in Toledo told me earlier today...he seems to be more in the loop than most of his RS contemporaries on this phone.

The Virgin Mobile Optimus will be known as the Optimus V (for Virgin Mobile)

Pricing will be at $149.99.

The Radio Shack item # is 17-6195. It's not on the public RS site as of yet...I checked.

Specs will be the same as the Sprint Optimus S (per Wikipedia) - The phone's model number will be the LG Optimus VM670.

Release is still expected somewhere around February 1.

And now a post at Android Central has a picture of the display tag for the VM LG Optimus V at $149.99, confirming the price (copied here).

thumb_550_lg-optimus-v-pricing.jpg

Upvote 0
Well...looks like you were right...a picture of a Optimus V on a display being built at a local Radio Shack has appeared at Howard Forums...copied here. Looks like it's a plain black shell, but otherwise the same phone. And yes...this is the standard non-functional display.

VirginOptimusVDisplay-1a.jpg

Upvote 0
Will the screen be glass or plastic, i messed with my friends Lg vortex (verizon version of the optimus) and thouht the screen was fine but not that i figured out the Optimus s has a plastic screen im having doubts about buying the phone.

All the reports I've seen say the screen is plastic...although few people who have the phone think it's an issue.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones