1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

lg optimus wont respon or turn on

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by flatoutedbot, Dec 21, 2010.

1. DieselTKE

DieselTKE Lurker

Mine just wouldn't turn on! Battery out and SD card out for 10 seconds worked great!! Thanks!

The back didn't want to come off, but I read that it was designed that way and to just put your nail in the little slot and pull and it would pop off!

Thanks again!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. LordBlack13

LordBlack13 Lurker

Thank you soooo much. you saved me from being Grounded For Life and the next life

3. tsaraslondon

tsaraslondon Lurker

Iphone 4 stolen so borrowed an almost new LG Otimus 3 from a friend.
    Was working fine this morning, then I took the battery out to find the number and it wouldn't power up again. left it for a while and then tried plugging it into the mains. Powered up for a split second then switched off again.
    Wouldn't power up at again so left it for about 30 mins. Tried again and the same thing happened. powered up for a split second then switched itself off. It does this both with and without the SIM card inserted.

4. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus

Try pulling battery and plugging into power cord. Wait 20 min. Re-install battery.Let charge.
    If that doesn't work, put it in recovery mode and plug into power. Let charge.

5. suelastri

suelastri Lurker

I bought an Lg optimus black for my son and yesterday i noticed that the battery bar would not be at 5% charge then it will not charged at all. I tried taking out the battery and trying it again . I even changed the charger. Still it would not charged at all. It will keep flashing "your battery is low, pls connect your charger!"

Someone pls help me pls!!!

6. jarrodc13

jarrodc13 Lurker

So ive helped my dad with his android before but ive never seen this before. I turn my phone on and it goes past the yellow screen with the jingle but then it goes to the screen with the gray Android screen that has the light move across and the light stalls every now and then and it does that over and over and then the android flashes or drops out of the screen and it starts over on the gray screen

7. linndoll22

linndoll22 Lurker

Thank you so much! I couldnt figure out why my optimus V wouldnt even turn on when I hooked it up to the charger. It didn't even occur to me that I had pushed my battery to its furthest. This was very helpful. Thank you again. Don't know about anyone else but I can't live without my fone, I was a little freaked out for a sec.

8. kaufmannbritt

kaufmannbritt Lurker

I have the same issue. I tried what you said & it didn't work. I did however, plug my phone in & I held the power button, volume down & the 3rd button(back button) down all at once. Now I have a flashing notice of DOWNLOAD IN PROGRESS DO NOT DISCONNECT CABLE. EMERGENCY MODE. Do you have any tips to get my phone on?

9. AndyOpie150

Try pulling battery and plugging into power cord. Wait 20 min. Re-install battery.Let charge.
    If that doesn't work, put it in recovery mode and plug into power. Let charge.
    Check you charging cable and AC plug in. Then try replacing the battery.

10. naboofy

naboofy Lurker

ive had my phone for over a year now and ive had nothing but problems with it
    but now my phone wont turn on
    it randomly shut off notfrom being dead. the screen just went black
    and it wouldnt turn on so i took out the battery and replaced it which usually works in this scenario, but this time it didnt
    when i plug it in the battery charging screen thing comes up
    and the buttons at the bottom light up
    but when i press the power button noting happens...occasionally the screen will go black again the lg logo comes up but then it just goes back to the battery screen
    im not sure what to do
    usually i can manage to get the phone back but no luck this time

11. AndyOpie150

Try putting it in the recovery mode and then charging it for an hour then reboot back into the system and continue charging.

Something else you can do once you have it charged up. Pull the battery out then hold the power button down for 30sec (this is called a soft reset).

12. dizzygirl97

dizzygirl97 Lurker

I tried everything you said to do. And nothing worked. I went to bed last night, with my phone working perfectly, then I woke up and it wasnt charging. So I hooked it back onto the charger and the 4 buttons on the bottom are blinking and the LG logo pops up, as the buttons blink. If you could help in any more ways, Id gladly appreciate it. Thank you, so much. I just dont want to get grounded for the rest of eternity. Please and thank you.

13. funnybunny98

funnybunny98 Lurker

Omg! thank god! i have the LG Ally and had the same problem but that worked! Thank you soo much!

14. ak47ak

ak47ak Lurker

[FONT=&quot]help ....[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I have Android lg p 500 its having 2.2.1 (friyo)but I have rooted my phone and installed 4.0.4 on it ... Here problem begins then I am not getting signal on my phone SIM card and network is not getting activated please help me[/FONT]

15. jcbama

jcbama Lurker

I tried everything you said to do. And nothing worked. I hooked it back onto the charger and the 4 buttons on the bottom are blinking and the LG logo pops up, as the buttons blink. Now I have a flashing notice of DOWNLOAD IN PROGRESS DO NOT DISCONNECT CABLE. EMERGENCY MODE. Do you have any tips to get my phone on? Oh i have 4 batterys fully charged and another phone just like to test the batterys so, I know it ant the batterys.

16. jcbama

jcbama Lurker

Oh i have a car charger and 3 home charger and 3 USB chargers all work fine on the Kindle fire and the other LG Optimus S phone.

17. tragedyyy

tragedyyy Lurker

ive been having the same problem. my phone will not power on. just keeps flashing lg. and the four buttons light up. pleaseeee helllpppppppppppppppp

18. NonnaJ

NonnaJ Lurker

thank you roadster!! i just signed up here and this is the first thread i read, tried and it worked! im older than dirt and im trying to learn to look and learn before running to my kids. this solved my problem and gave me a boost of confidence that maybe i can do this technology thing...well, at least read and follow directions of those that know. thanks again!

19. megasaved

megasaved Lurker

My LG Quantum refuses to charge and boot. I've done as roadster said but nothing. Sometimes when I leave the battery out for a while and then insert the battery with the AC it turns on for a while and then goes off!

20. asmorath

asmorath Lurker

I am afraid to mess up my phone. I have the LG Optimus G and it doesnt have a way to open the back of the phone that I can tell. I see small screws under the phone that are maybe holding it all together. But how do I get into the phone to be able to take the battery off in the first place? Sorry I have never had this problem before. I am having the same problem everyone else is in this forum. the LG light keeps coming on and off every 4 seconds but wont turn on. :mad:

21. Thanks

22. tamtam59

tamtam59 Lurker

i just got the phone the lg l70 and while it was upgrading the system i took the battery out by mistake now it wont turn on what should i do

23. michael booth

michael booth Lurker

He
    My lg optumis die when I went to rum recovery now it won't tjrn on and there little andrkix that are very faint what that meN

24. Michael Smith

Michael Smith Lurker

LG Optimus One Forum

The LG Optimus One release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 3MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews