1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

LG Optimus Zone 2 (LGE VS415PP)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DerDoktor, Oct 31, 2014.

1. DerDoktor

DerDoktor Newbie

Hi gang!!
    OK, my little "Cosmo" finally died in the wash, and Ive still got my good ol Galaxy Precedent, all rooted..ROMed, tweaked out n all, but I cant use it as a phone; so I broke down and got a new Verizion Prepaid on sale for only 30 bucks.

So know that I have this swell Opto Zone 2 w/t KITKAT 4.4.2, 2g internal and a 8g SD that I had sitting around, what do I do with it? I want to do all the neato things I did on my Precedent. So how do I root it? what ROMs can I use? how can I use all the 8g of the SD???? Any help? ideas? directions?:thinking:

kuhlj068 likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. klikmaus

klikmaus Newbie

Just got the vs415pp optimus zone 2 today. I tried several different approaches, found a root apk that works for this device. Towel root is the apk that finally did it.

3. zixxorb

zixxorb Android Enthusiast

I have this phone also. Great phone so far. Towelroot does indeed root it. However, I don't think there's any roms available for this phone yet. I dont even see an "upgrade" option in the recovery so we'd probably need a custom recovery also.

I'd be willing to make a custom rom and recovery. Only problem is that I don't know how.

DevMyAndroid likes this.
  4. zixxorb

zixxorb Android Enthusiast

Hey devs, can this be moved to our new forum for our phone now? Thanks