1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support LG P350 GPS problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by erks007, Feb 10, 2012.

1. erks007

erks007 New Member

Feb 10, 2012
    Hi. I have a problem with GPS. GPS don't find any satellites and don't fix my location. Can somebody help me with that?

Advertisement

2. drealm

drealm New Member

Apr 20, 2012
    Hello erks007,

I am having exactly the same problem with my P350 too. GPS used to work just fine before, but i noticed lately that it just can't get my location - the gps icon is displayed but no matter how log i leave it running ( as much as whole battery depleted ) - it wont get my location.

I hope that we get a reply with some troubleshooting steps . I do hope its not a general bug with the otherwise nice smartphone.

3. Llanyort

Llanyort Member

May 29, 2012
    Park ranger
    Baton rouge, la
    Try using an app called instamapper. I have found certain dead zones around my home to not be able to get satellite reception. Trees always sway back and forth around my place AND that blocks my reception a majority of the time.

I use instamapper to sit in one spot. Reception will be noted in the log AND should match your REFRESH rate of satellite hits. the refresh rate is basically a polling mechanism used by the software that goes out and tries to satellite reception but on a timed basis. Every 5 seconds is that min REFRESH rate for instamapper.

Btw don't leave your gps on for extended periods. It will impact your battery life.

AndyOpie150 likes this.
  4. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus

May 13, 2011
    Laborer (all the dirty nasty work nobody else want
    Florida
    I believe it's "GPS Tracker" by "INSTAMAPPER LLC"