• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help LG PC Suite says my phone can upgrade to Android 2.3 but LG Mobile Upgrade has none :(

Hi guys. I'm hoping someone might have some ideas on how to solve the problem I am having updating my LG optimus one p500h to android 2.3. If I open LG PC Suite and connect my phone it says there is a software update available for my phone. If I click on this and click update it brings up the LG Mobile Support tool and checks for the update but it comes back saying the phone is on the current software which is V10B. I am in New Zealand and I bought my phone from Telecom and it is on the XT network. Any ideas?

Hi guys. I'm hoping someone might have some ideas on how to solve the problem I am having updating my LG optimus one p500h to android 2.3. If I open LG PC Suite and connect my phone it says there is a software update available for my phone. If I click on this and click update it brings up the LG Mobile Support tool and checks for the update but it comes back saying the phone is on the current software which is V10B. I am in New Zealand and I bought my phone from Telecom and it is on the XT network. Any ideas?

You cannot update Lg p500 from android v2.2 to v2.3 with lg software updater, becoz v10 baseband is used in v2.2 stock rom and v20 baseband is used in v2.3 stockrom.
solution: go to service center for this update

I have updated my p500 to v2.3.3, but in my opinion v2.2.2 was better, the problems experienced by me on v2.3 are less battery life, lower fps from neocore but a little bit increased performance in quadrant.

I would personally suggest root u r phone n go for cyanogen mod 7 based rom made by mik available in xda forum. Its the the best rom i have used till now.
But if u r thinking rooting is kinda risk then i would prefer u to stay on v2.2.2.

hope my answer helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones