1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support LG PC Suite update => no more groups

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by noTimeToWaste, Aug 13, 2011.

1. noTimeToWaste

noTimeToWaste Lurker
    None

Aug 13, 2011
    Hi,

After updating LG PC Suite IV, I can't see any of the groups in which I had organized my contacts.

I had organized them in groups with the previous version installed about ten days ago. Luckily enough, on the phone the contacts are still separated in groups.

Details:

As the PC<=>phone connection was somewhat difficult (I had to reboot the phone and/or PC sometimes), I had LG PC Suite IV update itself a few hours ago, August 13th 2011 (the procedure appeared to be called a "live update").

The update brought me to v4.3.28.20110714 (Build 21360).
    (wierd: july 14th 2011, but I had installed LG PS Suite IV not before August 2011, so I wonder why the software performed the update).

Complains to LG:

1) I see on the web an awful lot of problems related with LG PC Suite IV, this piece of software is causing the waste of hundreds of thousands of man-hours.

2) When syncing, why has the telephone to be connected in wi-fi or 3G when it is already connected to the PC via USB? Aren't we transferring data PC<=>telephone?
    What if I travel to a place with no 3G no wifi no internet at all AND I need to backup to a netbook for instance?

3) I had found the quest for the LG software update tool on your web site quite time consuming, I think that ought to be much more immediate to find.

Thanks a lot for any help!

Advertisement

2. noTimeToWaste

noTimeToWaste Lurker
    None

Aug 13, 2011
    I went back to the previous version:

LG PC Suite IV v4.3.17.20110428 (Build 18800).

It shows the "new group" button (I didn't mention there was no such button on the newer version, maybe some setting but I couldn't find it, anyway I couldn't see any reason for leaving groups management off by default, and no reason either not to take care for compatibility among versions/data, and take care of the users' time).

No data when I started it for the first time, I had to resync from the phone from scratch.

The three complains to LG on my previous post are still valid. With all the due respect for the engineers which designed such a good peace of hardware, the software that goes with it is not at the same quality level at all.

BTW: Just now, I moved one contact to one group (it was in the "No group" folder), synced => 0 items updated, and actually in the phone the contact is still *not* in that group.

3. noTimeToWaste

noTimeToWaste Lurker
    None

Aug 13, 2011
    I've seen that good keywords to look for info are LG PC Suite sucks.

I agree, BTW.
    But I think I have better results now with two precautions:

1) Connect the USB cable first, wait a few seconds, and *then* start the applicacion.

2) Avoid two ways syncronization of contacts. That implies: between sync sessions, modify contacts either on the phone or the PC, not both, in order to be able to limit each syncing process to one direction, "sync contacts phone=>PC" or "sync contacts PC=>phone".

End of monologue.