• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG PHOENIX

Doing a search for 'LG Phoenix' there were only results for a LG Phoenix 2 and LG Phoenix 3. Do you have more details on a LG Phoenix? When it involves rooting a phone the exact model I.D. is pretty important.
Also the 'Phoenix' line appears to be an AT&T variant. Unlocking AT&T phones' bootloader is reputed to be a quite involved.

Reactions: Jr247
Upvote 0
Doing a search for 'LG Phoenix' there were only results for a LG Phoenix 2 and LG Phoenix 3. Do you have more details on a LG Phoenix? When it involves rooting a phone the exact model I.D. is pretty important.
Also the 'Phoenix' line appears to be an AT&T variant. Unlocking AT&T phones' bootloader is reputed to be a quite involved.
It's an LG Phoenix 3 (M150). And I'm on the fence at this point whether the bootloader must be unlocked to gain root access because I've ran into new info saying that it is not necessary.

Upvote 0
Looking around online for LG Phoenix 3 info and that AT&T locked bootloader does appear to be a problem. Hard to say if some solution will eventually come about for this model, it's hardware specs are not a big seller (1.5GB of RAM, 854x480 display, 5MP camera, etc.) so whether there's a lot of indy developers working on hacks and tweaks for this phone remains to be seen.
http://www.lg.com/us/cell-phones/lg-M150-phoenix-3

Reactions: Jr247
Upvote 0
Looking around online for LG Phoenix 3 info and that AT&T locked bootloader does appear to be a problem. Hard to say if some solution will eventually come about for this model, it's hardware specs are not a big seller (1.5GB of RAM, 854x480 display, 5MP camera, etc.) so whether there's a lot of indy developers working on hacks and tweaks for this phone remains to be seen.
http://www.lg.com/us/cell-phones/lg-M150-phoenix-3
OK. Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones