• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root LG Realm (LS620) Flashable Stock ROM ZV4

jacob019

Oct 23, 2015
This TWRP flashable unrooted stock rom will return your phone to a factory state (download mode even reports unrooted). This includes the full system, recovery, and boot stack--everything that would be flashed if we had a kdz. Your data will be left alone, but you can wipe that manually if you want.
http://www.jacobstoner.com/LS620ZV4_stock_flashable.zip

If you want to keep TWRP, then flash it immediately after flashing back to stock.
http://www.jacobstoner.com/w5c_twrp-2860-flashable.zip
If you want to keep root, then flash SuperSU after flashing TWRP.
http://download.chainfire.eu/supersu

Last edited:
Those are the md5sums I have for the two files and I've had the files for some time.
Tyvm. Gonna do a nandroid of my current setup and check it out when I get some free time. I want to try rcunningham's G3 port of the Ultimate 2 on this first, but I'm working 7-12's for the foreseeable future :(

Last edited:
Reactions: bcrichster
Upvote 0
Look I'm brand new to all this stuff and I'm kinda having trouble understanding this but I keep getting told this is what I need to do I have a lg model ls620 phone it started messing up whenever I would try to open anything on it it would tell me unfortunately " " has stopped so I factory data reset it then it kept getting stuck on the lg logo and would not start my friend hard reset it and now all it does is try to turn on but does not go past the lg logo then goes to lg logo and says security error under it but that's it and all I got to be on the Internet with is my Samsung tablet that does not have a USB port on it but I have a adapter that plug into my charger port and then turns it into a USB port so if u could just tell me basicall what I need to here I would be so very grateful please

Upvote 0
Well that LS620ZV4_stock_flashable.zip "bricked" my phone. (UPDATE: it didn't, see below) I flashed it from the TWRP linked here. Everything went OK except for some reason the /cache would not format or mount so that was the first sign something was wrong. The phone was already trashed before I tried flashing this. It would only boot to download/fastboot mode and nothing else (I booted TWRP via fastboot). I probably should have tried making a copy of the full emmc before flashing anything but, eh...

Now the phone doesn't turn on at all. No screen power, no fastboot, all blank, etc.

HOWEVER, it is my understanding that it's not possible to brick this phone permanently. On a USB connection I do get the Qualcomm USB modem converter thing. The so called "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008" for you Windows folk.

There are tools that can write the entire emmc directly over this loader interface. However, since we don't have KDZ/TOT files this might be difficult. Anyone have any ideas? I have no idea what the partition layout is suppose to be. I suppose I need a different stock image than this one but I haven't found anything else that has a complete copy of all the partitions.

I might be able to reconstruct a full emmc image using the big zip here but that didn't work the first time so might still not work. Maybe someone, somewhere, has a full copy of the old original stock emmc. That would be very helpful.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ugh... I finally found a TOT after searching for hours on end. Pretty much every website, link, whatever for this phone is broken, gone, adware, malware. Anyway, this was all for naught.

After many, many more hours of searching I can't find any Qualcomm utility that works. QFIL, EFS, QPST, USB1, USB2, USB3, I tried everything. BoardDiag is by far the easiest to use (either v3.99 or the "2014" version both of which support the LS620). However, after it loads the diagnostic firmware to the phone nothing happens, the phone doesn't respond. In fact from that point the phone doesn't respond to anything at all and I have to pull the power for it go back in to 9008 mode.

I tried qdl in Linux as well. I don't know if it's potentially something with the emmc firehose or the raw/patch XML setup. The firehose seems correct because it does seem to read some data off the phone. However right after that it gets USB protocol errors and timeout. Then the write fails with timeout. Seems broken. Potentially this Qualcomm interface NEVER worked right on these phones. Either that or I have bad programmer/config files. I have no idea.

The phone WAS working enough to run the EDL, TWRP, and flash firmware so I believe the AP and PMIC are working fine so I'm not sure why it doesn't respond now.

Edit and update:

Well it turns out that my eMMC was totally broken and it's not the fault of this firmware, just a coincidence.

The eMMC couldn't boot at all so I figured out how to boot to download mode via SD card. From there used lglaf to attempt to write various partitions but since the eMMC is failed that didn't work out. This caused the phone to switch to booting to fastboot off the SD card for some reason. I can do more stuff from fastboot though like boot kernel images. So I modified the stock boot and recovery images to use the SD card partitions instead of the internal memory. Now I can boot the whole phone off the SD card. Only problem is that it still only boots to fastboot mode so I have to manually fastboot the boot image to start the phone every time.

I did finally flash this firmware to the SD card and it seems to work fine.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones