1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General LG repairing N5

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by simon1, Feb 26, 2014.

1. simon1

simon1 Member
    None

May 6, 2010
    So, Car phone Warehouse are now not allowed by Google to repair faulty N5s. Google won't take them and instead refers you to LG. So how is LG at doing repairs or replacements? I have the faulty GPS and I need it repaired and I don't want to rip the back off in case I damage it,plus it should be repaired by them. Anyone used them?

Is CW breaching the sales of goods act by not accepting the item and replacing it since they were the seller??

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    According to Part V, it would appear that Google's wishes are irrelevant and that CW is responsible, within 6 months of sale. "Google said we can't" wouldn't appear to be an acceptable defense.

Do you want to spend the money necessary to find out if the courts agree? (That's where they've got you - unless you've got tons of money they get away with breach of contract.)

3. simon1

simon1 Member
    None

May 6, 2010
    Can you point me to Part V?

4. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Aug 30, 2011
    Male
    Graduate Student
    MN
  5. simon1

simon1 Member
    None

May 6, 2010
    Thanks - I have just sorted it an hour ago. Managed to speak with some very pleasant people at CPW and they have agreed to sort things out for me. Mentioned the Act and we had a well-handled discussion where they listened to the problems I have had and I must say they dealt with it professionally and pleasantly. I am much happier now.

Rxpert83 likes this.
  6. Tyseyh

Tyseyh Android Expert
    None

Jun 9, 2010
    Male
    Leeds, UK
    I thought it would be somewhat obvious that google wouldn't fix it and that it would be LG..considering they make the N5. or.. did i just skim over that post and miss something important?

7. simon1

simon1 Member
    None

May 6, 2010
    Ordinarily I would agree with you. However when I went into the CPW store and was told they have been ordered by Google not to deal with any N5 issues and to pass the customers on to Google, well then you would assume that Google are taking the responsibility. It seems a waste of my time that I then spent time on the phone and answering emails from Google before they simply said, go to LG cos you never bought it from us. Well, they knew that from the word go as the first thing they did was look up my account and it's obvious from there that I did not buy from them.

Tags: