1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support LG Revolution blue led indicator

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by roses4him, Jun 14, 2011.

1. roses4him

roses4him Lurker
    None

Jun 14, 2011
    what is the blue indicator light on the Revo indicate? Sometimes it is blinking and sometimes not..and does not reflect missed calls or text. I really want it to indicate when I missed a call/text. How do I do that?

Advertisement

2. girlsliketech2

None

Mar 18, 2011
    Female
    I get a solid blue light if I get an email or it's downloading.

roses4him likes this.
  3. 1of7627

1of7627 Well-Known Member
    None

May 26, 2011
    Male
    Tech @ Community College
    Spokane, WA
    The LED shows a variety of things from charging status to notifications in various colors, but I've not found an application that changes it's behavior though I've tried apps I've used in the past on other phones. (I've also found no documentation on the light and it's operation from LG.) Until the 3rd party developers can work this out, I'm relying on sound to alert me to missed calls and such. "Easy Reminder" is a good free app that provides repeating sounds at user defined intervals for missed calls. (It has a light feature too, but it doesn't seem to work on the Revo.) It will also remind you of missed SMS's too, but I use the functionality in the messaging app I use (GO SMS Pro) to do that. - MarkC

roses4him likes this.
  4. bluebubbles2003

None

Aug 27, 2010
    it seems that you can't override the blue light even when u use a txing program that assigns dif colors to dif contacts...it bothers me so bad bc i use that so i know if i can ignor the tx/call or read it right away! i hope this is something that they will usdate in the future!

5. 1of7627

1of7627 Well-Known Member
    None

May 26, 2011
    Male
    Tech @ Community College
    Spokane, WA
    I haven't found any app that has any effect on the Revo's LED. I use a free app called "Easy Reminder" to let me know of (and remind me of) missed calls or txt's. I assigned different notification tones to each so I know which one I'm being reminded of, and I can cancel the notification once I know. (Of course, that still doesn't tell me if it's important or not.) - Markc

6. BigCiX

BigCiX Android Expert

Jul 30, 2010
    California
    I didn't know the Revolution had an LED indicator. I'm hoping the LG Thrill has one too.